quizballs 232 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 232 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What internet/computing term derives from Old Norse hlekkr, related to Old German gelenk, meaning joint?
- What letter and colour/color denote the national motorway network roads/signs of Germany's Bundesautobahnen (BAB 'federal expressways') (two answers required)?
- What medical Latin term, literally means 'stiffness of death'?
- The famous Castilian military leader Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar (1043-99) is better known by what name?
- Banana Island is the most expensive property in a special edition of monopoly based on which Nigerian city?
- In 2012 Shinzo Abe became which nation's eighth prime ministerial appointment in six years, 2006-12?
- PSV (Polished Stone Value) is a technical measurement term used by: Jewellers; Architects; Archaeologists; or Roadbuilders?
- What, having extremes of 'thick' and 'thin', is the measure of a fluid's internal friction/resistance under stress?
- Eugenics refers to optimizing: Animal pedigree; Human population genetics; Plant disease resistance; or Anti-freeze technology?
- Name the famous guitarist whose collaboration with the Gibson company produced their first and eponymous solid electric guitar in 1952?
- What rejection is shared by LS Lowry, John Lennon; Philip Larkin, Benjamin Zephaniah, and Danny Boyle? Chivalric order; US-visa; Blood donation; or Driving licence?
- Visceral refers to a human response of what sort: Intellectual; Group; Violent; or Internal?
- Name Facebook's photo-app company which controversially announced it would begin commercially exploiting users' photos/content on a no-fee no-permission basis with effect from 16 Jan 2013?
- The name Benedict, as used by popes, etc., is from the Latin meaning: The Blessed; The Wise; The Old; or The Wine-loving?
- Cosmetology refers to study/profession in what field: Space; Puzzles/Games; International Culture; or Beauty/Hair?
- What is Mexico's largest state, and also a famously small dog breed?
- Optics is a branch of physics specifically concerning: Waves; Light; Radiation; or Lenses?
- In what two modern countries was the Roman province of Lusitania?
- What expression referring to admitting a mistake, humility and shame, derives from an old English peasant dish made with the offal of a deer?
- The globally widely used Wechsler Scale assesses what in children: Genetic predisposition to disease; Bone growth; Intelligence; or Teeth formation?
quizballs 232 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes