This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 230 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 230 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What does the 'S' stand for in the SM intellectual property mark (for example℠) used in the US and many other countries?
- Famously depicting the Norman Conquest of England, the Bayeux Tapestry is actually: Embroidered Cloth; A Tapestry; A Long Carpet; or Painted Fabric?
- What wheel-based metaphor commonly describes centralized transport and distribution systems, notably airports?
- An ushanka is a Russian what?
- (Up to) what degree of Neanderthal DNA is found in modern non-African people: 0.01%; 0.1%; 1%; or 4%?
- The 1930 Revolution of which country (the largest lusophone nation in the world) replaced Washington Luis with Getulio Vargas as President?
- What is India's smallest state (by area)?
- What famous brand of heat-resistant wipe-clean plastic laminate was invented at and patented by Westinghouse in 1912?
- Scientists reported in 2012 what litter being used by Mexico City birds to reduce parasites in their nests: Bottle-tops; Cigarette-ends; Chewing-gum; or Taco-wrappers?
- Nintendo's Wii console launched in 2012 is the: U; Mi; Hi; or Fi?
- Typically related to glass or crystal, the term dichroism refers to two or more what?
- Largely Indian-owned corporation ArclelorMittal (a merger/acquisition of the two names by the latter) is the world's biggest producer of: Steel; Paper; Rubber; or Honey?
- A censor was an officer of what civilization, responsible for public census, morality, finances, etc: Roman; Viking; Greek; or Mongol?
- What country has the internet top level domain .sa?
- Spell: Resusitation, Recussitation, Rescusitation, Resuscitation?
- Tribology, the science of one surface sliding/moving against another (as in mechanical moving parts), involves what three principles or elemental aspects?
- Idiophones, membranophones, chordophones, aerophones and electrophones are the five main categories of a system for classifiying what?
- Name the eight member states of the Warsaw Pact treaty?
- '(What?) integration' refers to a corporation acquiring or otherwise taking control of connecting activity/ies in a supply chain: Horizontal; Parallel; Cellular; or Vertical?
- The nitrite and nitrate ions respectively have the chemical formulae NO: 1 and 2; 2 and 3; 3 and 4; or 4 and 5?
quizballs 230 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes