quizballs 228 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 228 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The Christian Saint Christopher is most commonly depicted carrying what across a swollen river: A Blind Beggar; A Prostitute; Jesus Christ; or A Sick Lion?
- The beat of what aptly titled 1970s disco hit is suggested by the British Heart Foundation (and others) as an ideal CPR rhythm?
- The famous BBC Greenwich Meantime hourly signal 'pips' are closest to which musical note (according to ISO 16)?
- Name the autonomous region of NE Spain which periodically is subject to strong independence lobbying?
- Tetrachloroethylene is better known as (its most common form): Dry-cleaning fluid; Vehicle brake fluid; Correction fluid; or Fluid on the knee?
- Name the mountain village in SE France predicted to survive/offer escape from the world's ending on 21 Dec 2012?
- DNA evidence supports the idea that what people were the original colonizers of North America: Asians; South Americans; Europeans; or Africans?
- Spell: Reconassance; Reconnossance; Reconaissance; or Reconnaissance;
- Earliest human use of fire for cooking has been dated at how many years ago: 10,000; 100,000; One million; or Ten million?
- What is the common name for the chemical process by which glue, varnish, filler, etc., hardens when polymer chains become linked following UV radiation, mixing, heat, etc?
- The word sapien in homo sapien refers to being: Vocal; Tool-using; Wise; or Erect?
- What country originated the international GOST standards for regulating design, brandnames, etc., administered by the Euro-Asian Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification?
- Cholera is an infection in the human: Brain; Eyes; Small intestine; or Bladder?
- QR, Aztec, Cyber, and Data Matrix are types of what?
- Name the judicial process by which convicted offenders meet with their victims to apologise and potentially make amends for their crimes?
- 'Squidgygate' referred in the popular press to controversy surrounding illicitly recorded and leaked conversations between which two people (two answers required)?
- Which one of these characters is (at 2012) represented by the three tallest statues in the world: Buddha; Christ; Woman (holding sword or something else); or A Political Leader?
- What Florentine character was chosen (ironically, in light of 2012 doping scandals) as official mascot for the 2013 World Road Cycling Championships?
- The word trek was first used in: Africa; Sci-fi; Sport; or Railways?
- What drug has the chemical formula C20H26N2O?
quizballs 228 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes