quizballs 227 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 227 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Clawhammer is a playing style most often associated with which instrument?
- Accounting for c.30% of total global tax revenues, what form of tax did France introduce in 1954, W Germany 1968, UK 1973 and China 1984?
- What make of aircraft is considered the first jet to fly: Heinkel; Nakajima; Lockheed; or English Electric Canberra?
- Giacomo Casanova (1725-98) is reported to have used what fruit as a contraceptive?
- The process by which cardinals meet to elect a new Pope is called the Papal (what?): Enclave; Conclave; Exclave; or Autoclave?
- What isotope does radiocarbon dating use (element-isotope number)?
- Broadly when was the Industrial Revolution: 1650-1750; 1700-1800; 1750-1850; or 1800-1900?
- Who suggested the metaphor that, "When you sit with a pretty girl for two hours it seems a minute, but sit on a hot stove for a minute and it seems two hours..." and to explain what? (two answers required)
- What famous French film production/newsreel brand, established in 1896, was the first major movie corporation?
- 'The Continental Army' became what in 1784?
- A panopticon is a: Powerful telescope; Building; Fire-engine; or Fairground-ride?
- Name the earliest (post-gamete) developmental stage of the human embryo: Zygote; Sperm; Ovum; or Gametocyte?
- What country has the internet top level domain (TLD) suffix .za?
- Who is the famous husband of the also famous Chinese singer Peng Liyuan?
- The meteorological terms 'veering' and 'backing' refer to winds changing direction in what ways (two answers required)?
- The doing of what sort of puzzles does the term cruciverbalism refer to?
- Scottish physicist James Dewar (1842-1923) lost a legal case to which German company for the rights to his invention of what, (named eponymously and alternatively after both claimants) - two answer required, the German company and the product?
- Kraton, Salvia and 4-MEC are: Computer viruses; Star Trek planets; Russian cars; or Recreational drugs?
- What term refers to the (typically prehistoric) method of attaching a sharp stone or bone, etc., to a stick or strap to make a tool or weapon: Hafting; Shafting; Grafting; Crafting; or Rafting?
- 'The Law of the Instrument' referring to having just one 'tool' (i.e., approach or method) and so treating every situation the same is known popularly as 'Maslow's (what)'?
quizballs 227 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.