quizballs 225 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 225 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In terms of Skyfall product placement what watch brand does James Bond wear?
- What is Africa's 2nd-largest country, abbreviated to DRC?
- Totnes in Devon UK campaigned successfully in 2012 to repel what global beverage chain from establishing in its high street?
- Which actress eclipsed Michael Jackson in 2011 as the world's highest-earning dead entertainer (largely due to an auction and a perfume)?
- Likud, meaning 'the consolidation', is the leading conservative political party (at 2012) of which country?
- The word milieu refers to a person's: Size; Social environment; Mood; or Professional skills?
- What sort of creature is a zorilla: Striped polecat; Fish; Parrot; or Domesticated gorilla?
- What are the three most widely spoken Slavic languages (one point each)?
- Spell the word: Peurile; Puerile; Pureile or Purile?
- Joanna Shields, Facebook's Head of Europe Middle East and Africa, left in 2012 to work for: The CIA; Google; Microsoft; or The British Government?
- What sort of musical instrument is a cabasa: Wind; String; Percussion; or Electronic?
- The 2,500th anniversary of whose birth was celebrated in China in 1949?
- The suffix 'itis' refers medically and etymologically from Greek to: Infection; Inflammation; Pain; or Illness?
- What creature is the 1940-50s TV puppet character Muffin?
- In what sport do Indian states and city teams compete for the Ranji Trophy?
- What does HOV stand for in the context of road traffic/passenger/environmental-impact law?
- The human brain represents roughly what percentage of the body's resting metabolic rate (energy expended): 1; 3, 5, or 20?
- What chemical elements occupy Atomic Numbers 1, 2 and 3 in the Periodic Table (1 point for each, and a bonus point for the correct order)?
- Lebanese-American professor/author Nassim Taleb coined the term '(What colour/color What creature?)' referring to an unpredictable random event that has a vast societal/political/economic impact?
- What word prefixes funding and sourcing in creating modern terms for extending ownership and responsibility to a 'user' community?
quizballs 225 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes