This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 224 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 224 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Who is (at 2012) the only person to have won a Nobel Prize for physics and chemistry?
- Venerable means greatly: Respected; Religious; Cautious; or Desired?
- What colour/color is the Swiss cheese Gruyère: White; Orange; Yellow; or Green?
- What automotive manufacturer's badge logo has since 1925 featured a diamond, mostly as an 'impossible optical illusion' geometric 3D frame?
- Approximately what is the surface temperature of the Sun, in degrees centigrade: 550; 5,500; 55,000; or 5.5m?
- What name is given to the infraclass of mammals which carry their young in a pouch?
- What nationality (unchanged from birth) was the founding modernist and realism playwright Henrik Ibsen (1828-1906)?
- Chinese corporation Huawei, controversially blacklisted in 2012 by the US Government Intelligence Committee, is (at 2012) the world's largest equipment manufacturer in which sector: Telecoms; Armaments; Medical; or Catering?
- Spell the sexually transmitted disease: Chlamydea; Chlomydia; Chlamidya; or Chlamydia?
- What medical word refers to an inflamed throat, from the Greek word for throat?
- Roughly how many thousand metres is the average cruising altitude of a commercial airliner: 7; 12; 18; or 20?
- In what US state was 'Custer's Last Stand'?
- The Scottish-American industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) pioneered and made his vast fortune in which industry in late 1800s USA?
- What is the English translation of the German news magazine title Der Spiegel?
- Surface, Fire and Nexus are brands/models of what modern (2010s) consumer product?
- The flamboyant Australian Darren Lyons controversially bought back his bankrupt agency business assets in 2012 to continue trading in what industry: Plastic surgery; Concert promotion; Celebrity representation; or Paparazzi pictures?
- Monrovia is a: London district; Hobbit kingdom; Landrover model; or African capital city?
- What puzzle, meaning 'single number' in Japanese, requires the completion of a grid so that each column, row and 3x3 box contain the numbers 1-9?
- What Caribbean nation is considered the first black-led republic in the world?
- The retail expression 'Dark Store' refers to a shop premises designed/converted for what purpose?
quizballs 224 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes