quizballs 223 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 223 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What island nation began modernizing reforms in the early 2000s when leadership passed from brother to brother?
- What element did Marie Curie name after her native land?
- A phlebotomist historically used what creature as a tool of the trade: Falcon; Maggot; Leech; or Horse?
- What two countries share administrative responsibility for Tierra del Fuego (at 2012)?
- A sophomore is typically a student in which year of university?
- The Starbucks coffee corporation took its name from what classic novel?
- What main three countries constituted the Axis Powers?
- The French commune town Laguiole in south-central Midi-Pyrénées region of France is known for what eponymously named tool?
- What traditional dark ale is said to derive from its consumption by early 1700s doormen and bag-carrying street workers?
- Google's prior name while under development was 'Back(what?)'?
- What, related etymologically to the Chinese Yuan and the Japanese Yen, is the currency of North and South Korea?
- Traditionally CE on a calculator key stood for what?
- Former butler Paolo Gabriele was convicted in 2012 of stealing documents, and subsequently leaking secrets, of what major international leadership headquarters?
- Erstwhile means: Former; Latter; Current; or Imaginery?
- A costermonger was/is a traditional street-seller of: Potions and medicines; Meat; Fish; or Fruit and vegetables?
- The traditional 'proof' measure of beverage alcoholic strength derives from the maritime method of 'proving' that rum was not waterered down, by dousing what with the rum and igniting it?
- Scruples are a: Moral anxiety; Generous nature; Contract/agreement; or Stomach ache?
- The four radioactive series titled Thorium, Neptunium, Radium/Uranium and Actinium all decay eventually to stable isotopes of what element?
- Which of these are regarded as the two foremost composers of opera: Verdi and Wagner; Strauss and Handel; Beethoven and Rachmaninoff; or JS Bach and Mozart?
- What term meaning unnecessarily confusing language derives from an allusion to turkey noises?
quizballs 223 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.