quizballs 222 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 222 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- New York artist Vincent Castiglia is noted for painting with what unconventional substance?
- What is the Anglicized French word for fabric woven or knit from thin ribbons of metallic yarns, much loved by sci-fi costume designers and cabaret divas?
- What natural foodstuff in Alsace, France, became unnaturally blue and green in 2012, apparently due to a nearby M&Ms factory?
- The UK-based multinational media/advertising corporation Hibu plc was previously named and retains branding based on which colour/color?
- Skip James, Willie Dixon, Robert Johnson and Son House are early exponents of: Pop art; Blues music; Spin-bowling; or Clothes design?
- Traditionally the number of cuff buttons on a western-style man's jacket/blazer are determined by: Formality; Cost; Colour/color; or Design house?
- What French magazine was first to publish naked pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge in 2012?
- The popular abbreviated TED talks website and conference organization stands for what three words:
- What global retailer is associated with the late 1990s slogan "Chuck out your chintz"?
- What is a UAV more commonly called, alluding to a male bee and its sound, and also to robotics?
- What company/brand has been the most frequent official timekeeper of Olympic games in the 1900s and early 2000s?
- Scientists announced in 2012 that more than 1,000 of what creatures (formica lugubris) had been fitted with tiny radio transmitters to study the species: Rats, Bats; Cats; or Ants?
- The outlawing and monitoring of human self-bone-breaking and self-mutilation became a priority where in 2012: Beijing prison; London Paralympics; Las Vegas Illusionists Convention; or Roedean Girls' School?
- In writing or speech the Latin term 'non sequitur' means 'It does not (what?)': Matter; Count; Follow; or End?
- What global brand withdrew ('rested') its old red-jacketed striding man 104 years after its first appearance in 1908?
- Put these art-forms in order of oldest (evidence found) first: Textiles, Painting, Ceramics, Mosaic?
- What word from French is a small maneuverable warship and iconic Chevrolet sports car?
- Which city saw: the assassination which started World War I; the 1984 Winter Olympics; and during 1992-96 the longest wartime siege in modern times?
- Hallertauer, Saaz, Cascade, and East Kent Goldings are varieties of what alcoholic drink ingredient?
- Name the five bean varieties in Heinz 'Five Beanz'? (one point per correct bean - strict quizmasters/mistresses might stipulate a maximum of five answers)
quizballs 222 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes