quizballs 220 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 220 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What item very commonly worn by people has a hoop, shoulder, mounting and bezel?
- Name the widely referenced Hindu god and eighth incarnation of Vishnu, from Sankrit meaning 'black'?
- Name the Spanish coastal region containing the city of Málaga, and towns including Torremolinos, Benalmádena, Fuengirola, and Marbella?
- What musical instrument generally having 17-23 strings derives its name from Persian meaning 'three strings'?
- Motorcycling competition which combines flat-track/speedway, roadracing and motocross/trials is commonly called what?
- From what country does the word 'chutney' derive?
- 'The Immortal Game' between a Frenchman and a German in 1851 at Simpsons in London's Strand was contested in what discipline?
- A cicatrix on the skin is more commonly called a what?
- Internet corporation Yahoo profited by $4.3bn in 2012 when it sold half its 40% stake in what vast Chinese web company?
- Until London's New College of the Humanities opened in 2012, in what county town, since 1983, was the UK's only private university?
- Swiss Peter Sauber established his eponymous brand in what sport in 1993?
- Sic Bo is a Chinese game of: Wrestling; Sword-fighting; Dice; or Cards?
- In India a kirana is a what?
- In old UK/US capacity measures how many pecks are in a bushel?
- The word sentient refers to what characteristic: Feeling/perceiving; Carefulness; Age/wisdom; Stupidity?
- For which art-form did Roman Vitruvius define the three principles of 'firmitas, utilitas, venustas' in the 1st century AD?
- What is the primary language spoken in Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan?
- The insulting slang word 'pleb' - meaning 'common person' or 'commoner' - derives from technical historical references to the 'common people' of which ancient civilization?
- In Spain, El Gordo is a: Bullfighter; National lottery; TV Chef show; or King?
- The seven base units of the SI (International System of Units) measurement system, with the symbols: m, kg, s, A, K, cd, mol, measure what seven physical quantities?
quizballs 220 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes