quizballs 219 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 219 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What Mr Men character is orange with ridiculously long arms and a blue hat?
- What notable ex-politician became the first female member of USA's Augusta golf club in 2012?
- What, meaning 'gentle way', did Jigoro Kano create in Japan in 1882?
- What does a lux meter measure?
- Prior to Apple becoming the most valuable company in the world in 2012 (at $619bn) what corporation had held the record since 1999?
- Spell the Russian composer's name: Tzchaikovsky;Tchaikovski; Tchaikowski; or Tchaikovsky?
- Used in the beauty industry, what is the most abundant protein in mammals, mainly found in flesh and connective tissues of vertebrates?
- What weapon was named by Finnish people after the Soviet foreign minister responsible for the partition of Finland during the Winter War between the two nations 1939-40?
- What word prefix makes new words when added to: sale, food, meal and some?
- Heuristic refers to learning or processes entailing: Self-discovery/trial and error; Trainer intervention; Strict theory; or Indoctrination/brainwashing?
- What corporation pioneered the use of coupons in consumer marketing, beginning in 1887, so that by 1913 over eight million Americans had sampled its product for free?
- What large and complex nation contains varying geographical/ethnic/political regions called 'krais', 'oblasts', 'okrugs' and 'republics'?
- What famous toy has been produced with special versions including (Hitchcock's) The Birds, Poop Scoop, Pregnant, Wheelchair, Star Trek, and Bald?
- The disgraced fraudulent head of failed monster corporation Polly Peck, Asil Nadir, fled to what country in 1993?
- The 'Occam's Razor' (or Ockham's Razor) principle asserts that reliable theories and explanations tend to entail minimal: Words; Rules and Laws; Assumptions; or Complexity?
- What is the three-horse-abreast sleigh traditionally seen as an icon of Russia, and derived from this a technical term for a three-member panel or leadership?
- Name the e-book reader product brand launched in 2012 by Barnes and Noble/Microsoft?
- Moletronics is a portmanteau word combining electronics and what?
- What word, equating to check, is given to the amplified sound system for performers at a concert venue?
- What is Europe's largest island?
quizballs 219 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes