quizballs 218 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 218 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Particularly related to a controversial foodstuff, the bodily intervention device/process called 'gavage' refers to what?
- The word ephemeral means: Imaginative; Short-lived; Detached; or Ecstatic?
- What nation has 27 states, most of which exceed the area of an entire moderately-sized country, and include Acre, Minas Gerais, Sergipe, and Amazonas?
- The biblical lesson of wise decision-making, entailing halving (that's halving, not having) a baby, is known as the 'Judgement/Judgment of (Who?)' ?
- The amplified sound system for a concert venue audience, abbreviated to FOH, stands for what?
- Vuelta is a cycle race of which nation?
- From Dutch meaning 'foolish gull', the Australian word mollymawk refers to what sort of bird?
- The terms ZiL and Chaika, referring to traffic lanes reserved for politicians and important people, derive from: Russian limousines; Japanese motorbike-police; German road-markings; or Chinese traffic cones?
- According to Latin grammatical rules what is the singular of candelabra?
- Dom Mintoff was prime minister of which country from 1955-8 and 71-84?
- What 20th century musical entertainment machine derived its name from the West African word Gullah, meaning disorderly, or 'zigzag'?
- What originally American familial (that's familial, not familiar) term refers to a small shop or business run by a married couple?
- Aside from the Netherlands and Belgium what is the only country in which Dutch is an official language?
- The major UK, US and Canada organizations abbreviated to NFU represent which industry?
- World renowned Danish chef René Redzepi served which of these two dishes at his re-created Noma restaurant at London's Claridges in 2012: Lamb on Hay with Live Ants; Salmon on Grass with Live Snails; Chicken on Sand with Live Tadpoles; or Cheese on Sawdust with Live Locusts?
- Spell the word: Innappropriate; Inapropriate; Innapropriate; Inappropriate?
- What nation borders with the south of Syria and the west of Iraq?
- What Mexican Spanish dish means literally 'little strips'?
- Where in the world did 700million people suffer a serious electrical power cut on 31 July 2012: India; China; South America; or Africa?
- The shortest Greenland-to-Iceland sea-crossing is about how many miles: 180; 800; 1,800; or 8,000?
quizballs 218 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes