quizballs 217 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 217 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What word prefix makes new words when added to: pet, meter, graph, mount and site?
- Name the vast French multi-national contractor-sponsor of the 2012 Paralympics criticized for its work in assessing claimants of UK state disability benefits?
- What is the common alternative abbreviated name for a Cannon plug/connector used in professional audio systems?
- What prestige car marque has a trident emblem design influenced by the Fountain of Neptune, Bologna?
- Nollywood refers informally to the huge cinema industry of which nation?
- Rumtopf is a traditional Danish/German dish comprising rum and: Fruit; Potato; Sausage; or Fish?
- What thickening agent found in gummy confectionery etc., defined as a food and produced from animal by-products, has the E Number 441?
- What common substance is technically defined as "...an organic natural composite material of cellulose fibers/fibres, strong in tension, embedded in a matrix of lignin which resists compression..."
- An irreversible freedom of capability or knowledge, typically liberating/changing behaviour of large groups, is described metaphorically, alluding to stories such as Aladdin, as "...the 'what' is out of the 'what'.." ?
- What is the modern common name of the Northernmost European people historically called Lapps?
- What ubiquitous instrument makes a sound technically called a 'chick' when played closed?
- Ubiquitous means seen: Often; Rarely; Seasonally; or Historically?
- Mintonette was the original name of which sport?
- How many years is a megaannum?
- Karanga is a ritual welcome chant of what people?
- The binary number symbols 100 equate to what conventional number?
- What was the first internet top-level domain: .net; .mil; .com; .arpa; or .lee?
- What word is used on Wikipedia referring to its pages which list and resolve "...conflicts in article titles that occur when a single term can be associated with more than one topic..." (as at 2012)?
- Put these ages of human history in correct order, oldest first: Neolithic, Paleolithic, Mesolithic?
- Micturate is a medical term for expelling what from the human body?
quizballs 217 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes