quizballs 215 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 215 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The term Ponzi Scheme refers to: Financial investing; Landscape gardening; Computer coding; or Military tactics?
- Parsimonious means: God-fearing; Dishonest; Slow; or Sparing?
- The strongly featured character Alyson/Alys in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales is better known as?
- The 'sub-kingdoms' Blastocladiomycota, Microsporidia and Dikarya belong to the kingdom of organisms commonly called what?
- No longer in use, the internet top level domain .gb was originally allocated to what nation/state?
- What popular children's TV/toy character has a Mummy, Daddy, brother George, and cousins Chloé and Alexander?
- Which city's metro system has lines including Pinar de Chamartín to Valdecarros and Villaverde Alto to Moncloa?
- The medical condition Strabismus affects what part of the human body?
- Upton Park Football Club won what notable international award in Paris, 1900?
- With the symbol H what is the unit of inductance?
- What country was created in 1949 with the local abbreviated name DDR?
- In Jonathan Swift's novel Gulliver's Travels what is Gulliver's first name: Lemuel; Teneile; Makepeace; or Gary?
- What word makes new words as a prefix with the words cover, line, code and ship?
- The terms digitigrade, plantigrade, unguligrade, refer to a detail of what animal function: Walking; Eating; Sleeping, or Temperature regulation?
- Phonology refers to: Music recording; Human hearing; Telecommunications; or Linguistics?
- Spell the widely used thermoplastic polymer: Polypropolene; Polypropylline; Polypropeline; Polypropylene?
- The abbreviated bicycle term BMX stands for what?
- The Periodic Table is a system for presenting what?
- Name the ancient Greek dramatist who innovated concepts such as realism and female psychology in works including Hippolytus, Electra, and Trojan Women: Euripides; Sophocles; Homer; or Aristotle?
- The characters 11 in the binary numeral system equate to what number?
quizballs 215 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2013.