quizballs 214 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 214 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Boris Godunov, The Cunning Little Vixen, Wozzeck, and The Ballad of Baby Doe are popular: Impressionist paintings; Operas; Rock Albums; or 1960s London Carnaby Street shops?
- In the musical story Brigadoon, the eponymous Scottish village appears one day every how many years: One; Ten; Hundred; or Thousand?
- The aviation group known as IAG (International Airlines Group) was formed by merger of which two corporations in 2011?
- The 1726 novel 'Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World, in Four Parts' is better known by what subsequently amended title?
- Formerly known as the Ellice Islands, in the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and Australia, what nation owns the commercially available internet top-level domain .tv?
- The Trucial States became what Arab nation in 1971?
- What creature is a Chinese 'shishi', called a 'foo dog' in some western cultures?
- A stonemason commonly refers to unmetamorphosed limestone as what, whose name derives from Greek 'shining stone'?
- On humans what is the medical Latin name for the big toe?
- A harquebus/arquebus is an early form of: Transport; Hearing-aid; Gun; or Corset?
- With the symbol Sv what is the unit of ionizing radiation?
- What word makes new words as a prefix with the words piece, stroke, switch and mind?
- What entertainment originates from ancient Greek spiritualism, literally 'speaking from the stomach'?
- What does the W stand for in the official grading of motor engine oils, for example 5W, 10W, etc?
- Derived from the use of naval artillery what is the nautical term for the top edge of the side of a boat?
- What sort of sportsman/woman is a pugilist?
- Name the NASA Mars mission rover which landed on the planet in 2012?
- What metric prefix, denoting ten to the power of minus twelve, is named from Spanish meaning 'little bit'?
- Thought to have lived in the 6th century BC, name the first recognised actor, after whom the profession is termed?
- Coulomb is a unit of measurement of electrical: Charge; Resistance; Current; or Potential?
quizballs 214 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes