This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 212 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 212 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The word bucolic refers to pleasant/positive aspects of: Human mood; Religious authority/duty; Food digestion; or Countryside/life?
- Name the mythological Greek hero King of Salamis, son of Telamon and Periboea, and cleaning product?
- With blue, yellow, green and orange lines, which nation's busiest metro has stations including Rosemont, Snowdon, Saint-Michel, Monk, and McGill?
- Brownian motion is what sort of movement: Random; Infinitely straight; Ever-decreasing circles; or Spiraling?
- Which of these is not an 'Ivy League' university: Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Dartmouth College, Harvard, Yale?
- The tunica intima, or intima, is the inner layer of what in the human body: Arteries/veins; Bones; Muscles; or Hair?
- Which, if any, of these words is/are spelled incorrectly: Seize; Caffeine; Receive; Deceit; Receipt?
- Abloy, dimple, skeleton, Zeiss, master, and DND are types of what?
- The Austrian metalworking company Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen founded in 1934 is nowadays better known as a manufacturer of what?
- When writing 'a millionth' in decimals (using numbers and a decimal point/dot), how many zeros are between the decimal point and the figure 1?
- What two letters do not appear in any symbols of the official list of chemical elements?
- What emergency service derives its name from Latin meaning 'walking'?
- Toothpaste, turtle, oxblood, oilie/oily, ade, and swirly are types of what?
- What single word does the French 'Clair de lune' mean in English?
- What colour/color traditionally is the Michelin Guide for hotels/restaurants?
- What is the least densely populated country or dependency in the world?
- As at July-August 2012 what site boasted the biggest McDonalds outlet in the world with 1500 seats?
- The term 'brogued' technically refers to a shoe with: Perforations; Leather soles; Layered uppers; or Between 8-12 lace-holes?
- Name the four basic types of human/animal bodily tissue?
- 'Normal' or Gaussian distribution in a graph is informally called a what shape (two word answer)?
quizballs 212 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes