quizballs 211 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 211 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is a hundredth of a thousandth?
- In a block and tackle lifting system, what is a sheave? Pulley; Rope; Hook; or Brake?
- What creatures are T S Eliot's characters Mr Mistoffelees, Mungojerrie, Rumpelteazer, and Bustopher Jones, and what musical was inspired by the poem book in which they feature?
- The Kabbalah wristband, in Yiddish 'roite bindele', is normally what colour/color?
- In mathematics, a Markov chain is a sequence in which each event is determined by the: Immediately preceding event; Previous two events; Previous total sequence; or Next event?
- Brad, finish, clout, casing and horseshoe are types of what?
- What state territory is named in Latin, meaning 'New Scotland'?
- What artist uses a cake of rosin: Chef; Violinist; Theatrical makeup; or Magician?
- Medically, miosis/myosis normally refers to the narrowing or constriction of the what?
- What is India's national motto, appearing on its emblem and currency?
- Apposite means: Fair; Similar; Agreeable; or Appropriate?
- Name the female alter-ego featured in the life and vase artworks of English transvestite artist Grayson Perry?
- What (main class of) musical instrument has a bell, bass/long joint, boot/butt; wing joint, bocal/crook, and reed?
- What is the more common name of the incendiary weapon formulated from naphthenic and palmitic acids?
- Which of these words is spelled incorrectly: Rhinocerous; Crocodile; Hippopotamus; Alligator?
- What sort of weapon is a shillelagh (pronounced 'shil-lay-lee'): Knife; Cudgel; Muskett; or Sword?
- Contrary to popular information there are actually four (not two) Olympic sports containing male vs female contest; what are they?
- What pluralised female receptacle is a British ironic reference to a minor altercation or physical confrontation (usually) between men.
- What two composers' names are used as slang meaning drunk?
- In the latter 1900s and early 2000s what five Asian nations were the world's biggest motorbike markets?
quizballs 211 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.