quizballs 210 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 210 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What external human feature is commonly described as having three parts: cuticle, cortex and medula?
- 'Traduce' means to do what to someone: Enhance reputation; Damage reputation; Trick/deceive; or Blackmail?
- Where during the Iron Age and Roman era was Gaul? West Central Europe; Spain and North Africa; Scandinavia; or Eastern Europe?
- Which politician, in his previous work, set a world record in Florence in 1981 which endured for 16 years?
- A shibboleth is a: Belief or custom; Prehistoric elephant; Biblical vagrant; or Roman catapult?
- The slang (now considered offensive) term Hottentot once referred to people of which region: SW Africa; Scandinavia; Germany; or Arabia?
- The capital of which US state is named after prospector (and discoverer of local gold in 1880) Joseph Juneau?
- Which Frenchman composed Clair de lune, the famous third movement of Suite bergamasque?
- A narrative/statement/question used in testing/developing student capability in Zen Buddhism is a: Yoan; Doan; Koan; Shoan; or Moan?
- A myringotomy is an incision in what part of the human body?
- Rosneftegaz and Gazprom are vast energy corporations of which nation?
- Petite Sirah, Tempranillo, Vespolina, and Gamay are varieties of what?
- Which of these countries was not in the region known as Prussia: Germany, Russia, Denmark, Italy, or Switzerland?
- Gatka, Mardani khel, Musti yuddha, and Silambam are: Indian martial arts; Brazilian dances; Moroccan ports; or Pacific islands?
- Bead, Ball, Ribbon, Staccato and Sheet are types of what?
- What Japanese family name (and famous guitar company) means 'high ridge' or 'high peak'?
- Extragalactic refers to beyond the: Speed of light; Year one-million; Observable universe; or Milky Way?
- Ptosis refers medically normally to a drooping what?
- What single unit of measurement equates to 1.06×10-13 light-years?
- From Greek words for 'similar' and 'standing still' what term refers scientifically to self-balancing in chemical/biological systems, and generally to life where people/societies tend to adjust risk/consumption according to consequences, driven by avoidance of change?
quizballs 210 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2013.