quizballs 209 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 209 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In what language do the words 'beminnen', 'ja', and 'zon', mean 'love', 'yes', and 'sun'?
- Sodium hypochlorite is more commonly known by what name, being one of its main purposes?
- Pinniped refers to a mammal with feet which are what?
- The Japanese word 'shonen' refers to what age group: Babies; Children up to 15 yrs; Twenty-somethings; or Pensioners?
- What country's 1931 flood is considered to be the most fatal of all 1900s natural disasters?
- Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo is better known by what brand name?
- Papules and pustules are types of what on the human skin?
- Where was/is Bohemia: Western Czech Republic; Morrocco; India; or in a Tolkien novel?
- What science is sometimes called 'the central science' because it connects maths and physics with other main branches of science such as astronomy, engineering, biology, etc?
- The Berber ethnic people come from: Egypt; North Africa; Spain; or India?
- The industrial Wohlwill and Miller processes are different ways to refine what commodity to near-100% purity?
- What unit of enormous distance has the symbol pc and equates to about 3.26 light-years or 19.2 trillion miles?
- From the words well and live, what French term is used in English to mean a high-living socialite?
- The traditional curly twisted Chinese tea (Camellia sinensis) produced by drying in the sun is called: Uulung; Oolong; Aalang; Eeleng or Iiling?
- Spell the legal term: Subpoena; Suppoena; Supaena; Supena?
- What note is played on a guitar at the fifth fret of the first (highest pitch) string (conventional six-string guitar with standard tuning)?
- How fast is 62.14 miles per hour in kilometres per hour?
- Mydriasis normally is the widening of a what?
- Whale Belly, Tippler, Schnabel, Modalohr, Gondola and Flat are types of what vehicle?
- The original primary and eponymous service of a barber was concerned with: Teeth; Beards; Blood; or Baptism?
quizballs 209 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.