quizballs 207 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 207 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Name the three colours of Norway's flag, in order of its background, cross, and cross outline?
- In the Christian Church of England, the title 'The Very Reverend' usually suggests what job title, also called a 'cathedral provost'?
- Name the famous mother, and probable famous father of (nominally) Egypt's last pharaoh, Ptolemy XV (47-30BC)?
- What, alternatively called milk acid, is produced in the human body in power exercises?
- The word 'salubrious' means: Healthy; Pornographic; Secretive; or Cheap?
- The Millau Viaduct over the river Tarn valley near Millau in southern France holds what global bridge record (at 2012): Longest (span); Most expensive; Highest (deck); Tallest (tower); or Oldest known?
- The Latin term meaning 'among other things' is: Inter vivos; Intra muros; Inter alia; or Inter milan?
- What prestigious learning institution is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US?
- Yaws is a: Tropical skin disease; South American language; Northern England pudding; or US Military ceremony?
- The (commonly Greek/Turkish) foodstuff tzatziki (or tzadziki) comprises chiefly what two ingredients: Yoghurt and cucumber; Cream and strawberries; Chickpeas and onion; or Tomato and beans?
- Re-order these elements of the human digestive system according to the passage of food: small intestine, stomach, esophagus/oesophagus, large intestine?
- The conium plant genus is better known as what poison?
- Spell the dessert of egg whites and sugar: Merangue; Merringue; Meringue; or Merang?
- An 'R' in the educational abbreviation 'The three Rs' was historically alternatively and phonetically what, referring to 'making things'?
- Tuber aestivum is better known as a type of what foodstuff delicacy?
- Nexus is a brandname for a tablet computer belonging to which corporation?
- The French word 'peloton' usually refers to a bunched group of competitors in what sport?
- As at 2012 Nisiyama Onsen Keiunkan, a hot spring hotel in Hayakawa, Yamanashi, Japan, is officially regarded as being what world-record-holding business: Highest above sea-level; Lowest below sea-level; Oldest; or Most energy-efficient?
- What word in technical statistics refers to a quarterly division, and in business and other disciplines to a quarterly part?
- What Shakespeare play features the line, "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers..."?
quizballs 207 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes