quizballs 205 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 205 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Born George Jamieson in Liverpool 1935, name the 1960s model noted for her transgender equality campaigning?
- Storing and processing data on a remote unspecified computer server is known as '(what weather feature) computing'?
- The Syrah grape variety makes wine that is: Red; White; Sparkling; or Rosé?
- Spell the word: Greviance; Greivance; Grievence; or Grievance?
- From the root Greek words 'against' and 'protection', what medical term refers to a serious human allergic reaction?
- What is the main cereal constituent of macaroni?
- In a Japanese restaurant an oshibori is a: Hand towel; Waiter; Waitress; or Griddle?
- The medical term bariatric refers (increasingly politically correctly) to what human condition?
- In geometry, where every point of a shape is moved a constant distance and direction, this is called: Translation; Mirroring; Reflection; or Replication?
- In copyright and trademark law the abbreviation IP stands for what?
- What 'royal' crop accounts for 70% of the agricultural revenue of the island of Jersey?
- What chemical element is named from the French for charcoal?
- Name the chemical process for toughening rubber/polymer typically by adding sulphur (US, sulfur) using heat and pressure?
- What sport dominated (with 30 of the top 100) the 2012 Forbes list of highest earning athletes?
- The brand name 'Surface' was launched by what corporation in 2012 for its new tablet computers?
- Which country's flag comprises a round blue starry sky in a yellow rhombus, on a green background?
- What, from Latin 'to milk', is the technical name for a mixture of two or more liquids that are normally unblendable?
- What three letters did comedy writer Armando Iannucci amusingly tweet back to Tony Blair's ex-spin-doctor Alistair Campbell following Campbell's jibe about Iannucci's acceptance of his OBE award '... your wit a bit tired and blunt already. Three little letters can have more impact than you realise..' ?
- The term geocentric places what as central?
- Andrew McDougall, whose injury decided a serious international sport championship final in 2012, was a: Goalkeeper; Golfer; Rower; or Linesman?
quizballs 205 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes