This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 204 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 204 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The Japanese condiment wasabi is produced from what part of the the wasabi plant: Seeds; Roots; Leaves; or Flowers?
- 100000 and 200000 are the postal codes for the two major cities of which nation?
- How wide is a regulation basketball hoop?
- How many 'eyes' does a coconut have at its base?
- Sicilian, Spanish and Ruy Lopez are types of tactical moves in what game?
- What possession of 'wild west' star Annie Oakley sold at a 2012 auction for $143,000?
- The old unit of measurement, a league, was originally a distance typically: Walked in one hour; To the visible horizon; An arrow flies from a longbow; or Sailed in a day with a following wind?
- At 2012 what was the last manned mission to the moon?
- The Italian words for 'three roads' provided the name for which famous Rome monument?
- Spell (the heart-starting instrument): Defibulator; Defibrillator; Defibralater: Defibrulator?
- The term 'circadian rhythm' refers to a cycle of what length?
- Barra island, Outer Hebrides, has at 2012 the world's only official beach-based what?
- Who wrote the erotic women's rights novel Lace and originated the quote, "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"?
- As at 2012 an Olympic gold medal is mainly made of what metal?
- What is the US word for an automotive wheel nut or the brace used to loosen/tighten one?
- Name the Italian red wine from Tuscany traditionally available in a squat bottle in a straw basket, called a fiasco?
- Facebook's 2011-12 smartphone development project is named after what vampire story character? - bonus point - What is the character's surname?
- What is/was the BBC's teletext information service called?
- The main feature of the human illness diabetes is the body's inability to produce what hormone?
- The (mainly London) backslang 'ewif yenneps' refers to what monetary sum?
quizballs 204 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes