This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 203 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 203 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What common boy's name (English language Christian or first name) is derived from the Latin and Greek words for rock?
- Name the great old rival company of the Harley-Davidson motorbike corporation, whose models included the Chief and Scout?
- An analgesic drug is commonly called a: Painkiller; Cough medicine; Antibiotic; or Vaccine?
- A tetrapod is an animal with how many what? (two answers required)
- What is the capital of Azerbaijan?
- Magnesium shavings are used by campers and adventurers to: Light fires; Eat for energy; Dress wounds; or Make a rudimentary compass?
- Spell Mozzarella; Mozarrella; Mozzarrella; Mozarella; or Mozarrela?
- Who was the last English monarch of the House of York? - bonus point - Who succeeded him?
- What name besides glove is given commonly to a baseball player's handwear?
- A compound which reduces liquid surface tension, or tension between two liquids or liquid and solid (as do detergents, foaming agents, and dispersants) is generally called a: Colloid; Triglyceride; Surfactant; or Fatty acid?
- The Mansion House is the official residence of what London title-holder?
- Apitoxin is the scientific name for which sort of venom?
- A baby's traditional cloth nappy or diaper is generally folded into what shape directly before fitting to a baby: Square; Oblong; Circle; or Triangle?
- American physician Dr Henry Jay Heimlich is famously credited with developing a procedure to counter what threat to life?
- Northampton is generally regarded to have the largest what in England: Church; Market square; Scottish population; or Railway station?
- What product, invented by accountant Walter Diemer in 1928, was and remains conventionally pink, (it is said) because pink was the only dye available to its inventor at the time?
- Lightning strikes on airborne commercial aircraft are: Impossible; Always catastrophic; or Very rarely catastrophic?
- Piperazine (BZP) is a: Recreational drug; Russian oil company; Gold colour food additive; or Mexican political party?
- In geometry all regular polygons have 'what' sides: Four; Equal; Five; or More than five?
- The medical acronym RICE, referring to treatment of soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains, stands for what?
quizballs 203 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes