This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 202 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 202 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Trumpets and trombones are most commonly pitched at: C; G; F# (F sharp); or Bb (B flat)?
- A semi-circular protractor used in basic geometry has a scale of how many degrees?
- A manse is a traditional name for a house of what professional person: Teacher; Doctor; Undertaker; or Church minister?
- Which automotive corporation uses the marketing strapline 'The Power of Dreams'?
- Named after its inventor and significant electricity pioneer, a protective meshed enclosure giving electrical protection is called a 'what' cage?
- Which national leader took court action in 2012 against a highly publicized artwork depicting him with exposed genitals? - bonus point - Leader of which nation?
- Spell the drug/plant: Cannabis; Canabis; Cannibis; Canibis?
- Name the UK Culture Secretary accused in 2012 of bias and rule-bending in approving News Corp's 2011 takeover of BSkyB?
- The famous Mesquita Mosque, within a Roman Catholic Cathedral, is in which country?
- Name the English artist/sculptor famous for large public bronze works including 'Two Large Forms' and many reclining figures and mother and child abstracts?
- A major 2012 trade agreement for the Meera Brewery company marked the thawing of commercial relations between which two adversarial nations, partitioned in 1947?
- In what sport did Swede Oscar Swahn become the oldest gold medallist at 64 years (1912), and the oldest medallist, at 72 (silver, 1920)?
- Which late-1900s significant UK multinational corporation was known as 'The Royal Ratcatcher'?
- Pop star Lady Gaga enraged many people of which nation when tweeting on arrival in May 2012 that she planned to buy a fake Rolex in its capital city's market? - bonus point - What is the country's internet top level domain suffix?
- What is the common medical name for the increasingly popular recreational drug referred to as a 'horse tranquillizer'?
- In which country did the mayor of Taranto, Ippazio Stefano, cause a fuss in 2012 after attending rallies with a pistol tucked in his trousers?
- In chemistry a solution is a: Liquid only; Gas or Liquid only; Solid or Liquid only; or Any of these (i.e., Liquid, Gas, or Solid)?
- Hegemony means: Leadership; Insurance; Deceit; or Danger?
- What vast (originally Spanish state monopoly) corporation owns the O2 and Movistar communications brands?
- The IPO (Initial Public Offering, or first share issue) of Facebook valued the company at how many million dollars: 14; 104; 1,040; or 104,000?
quizballs 202 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes