quizballs 201 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 201 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Anthropomorphism refers to giving or attributing what qualities to something? Human
- Spell the country name: Azherbaijhan; Ajerbaizan Aszerbaijhan; or Azerbaijan? Azerbaijan
- The Matatu is the most popular form of what in Nairobi, Kenya: Dance; Drink; Sheep; or Public transport? Public transport (it's a 14-seater Nissan minibus)
- What is the food-shaped nickname of the London 2012 Olympics velodrome stadium? The Pringle
- What was the previous name of UK-founded communications technology company O2? Cellnet
- Caputo '00' flour, fior di latte, and San Marzano plum tomatoes are typical authentic ingredients of what traditional food: Welsh rarebit/rabbit; Beef Wellington; Pizza; or Guacamole? Pizza (specifically Neapolitan pizza recipes - incidentally fior di latte is a cow's milk mozzarella)
- Bacteria, fungi, and algae are among a broad classification of life called: Animals; Plants; Microorganisms; or Rhizaria? Microorganisms
- What international jewellery/jewelry corporation is headquartered at 727 5th Avenue, Manhattan, New York City, US? Tiffany & Co
- Which (more than one) of these metals is strongly attracted to magnets: Iron; Brass; Copper; Aluminium/aluminum; Lead; Nickel? Iron and Nickel
- Online auction of a vial of which deceased US president's blood, lost from a lab after a 1981 assassination attempt, was cancelled after family protest in 2012? Ronald Reagan
- Which film originated the obsession/jealousy term 'bunny boiler'? Fatal Attraction (1987, in which the spurned Glenn Close character Alexandra 'Alex' Forrest breaks into her former lover's house and boils the family pet rabbit)
- Zine El Abidine Ben Ali was the ruthless dictator of which African nation for 23 years, before its 2011 uprising? Tunisia
- What corporation had the catchphrase "Ding-dong (what company) calling.." from its 1950s-60s TV adverts? Avon (cosmetics)
- With what offence was Rebekah Brooks, former editor of The Sun and News of the World newspapers, charged in spring 2012? Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice
- Who was the last English monarch of the Tudor dynasty? Elizabeth I (1533-1603, reigned 1558-1603)
- In chemistry, a 'homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase' (basically a mixed yet uniform substance) is called a: Sulphate; Solution; Solvent; or Surfactant? Solution
- What country first legislated for plain packaging of tobacco products: UK; USA; Australia; or France? Australia
- What economically challenged country's King (Juan Carlos) attracted criticism at home for his 2012 African elephant-hunting Safari holiday? Spain
- In a circuit diagram what usually is a capital letter M in a circle? Motor
- Name the the six founding states of the European Union? Belgium, France, (West) Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands
quizballs 201 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes