quizballs 201 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 201 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Anthropomorphism refers to giving or attributing what qualities to something?
- Spell the country name: Azherbaijhan; Ajerbaizan Aszerbaijhan; or Azerbaijan?
- The Matatu is the most popular form of what in Nairobi, Kenya: Dance; Drink; Sheep; or Public transport?
- What is the food-shaped nickname of the London 2012 Olympics velodrome stadium?
- What was the previous name of UK-founded communications technology company O2?
- Caputo '00' flour, fior di latte, and San Marzano plum tomatoes are typical authentic ingredients of what traditional food: Welsh rarebit/rabbit; Beef Wellington; Pizza; or Guacamole?
- Bacteria, fungi, and algae are among a broad classification of life called: Animals; Plants; Microorganisms; or Rhizaria?
- What international jewellery/jewelry corporation is headquartered at 727 5th Avenue, Manhattan, New York City, US?
- Which (more than one) of these metals is strongly attracted to magnets: Iron; Brass; Copper; Aluminium/aluminum; Lead; Nickel?
- Online auction of a vial of which deceased US president's blood, lost from a lab after a 1981 assassination attempt, was cancelled after family protest in 2012?
- Which film originated the obsession/jealousy term 'bunny boiler'?
- Zine El Abidine Ben Ali was the ruthless dictator of which African nation for 23 years, before its 2011 uprising?
- What corporation had the catchphrase "Ding-dong (what company) calling.." from its 1950s-60s TV adverts?
- With what offence was Rebekah Brooks, former editor of The Sun and News of the World newspapers, charged in spring 2012?
- Who was the last English monarch of the Tudor dynasty?
- In chemistry, a 'homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase' (basically a mixed yet uniform substance) is called a: Sulphate; Solution; Solvent; or Surfactant?
- What country first legislated for plain packaging of tobacco products: UK; USA; Australia; or France?
- What economically challenged country's King (Juan Carlos) attracted criticism at home for his 2012 African elephant-hunting Safari holiday?
- In a circuit diagram what usually is a capital letter M in a circle?
- Name the the six founding states of the European Union?
quizballs 201 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes