quizballs 199 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 199 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Blatant means: Obvious; Disgusting; Insulting; or Ignorant?
- What 'anachronistic' word was proposed for removal from titles in official 2012 review of the UK state honours system?
- Robert Louis Stevenson's 1886 classic horror novel about split personality is called what?
- Erected in 1989, what large geometric glass structure serves as the main entrance to the Louvre Museum in Paris?
- At its nearest the Moon is roughly how many thousands of miles from Earth: 222; 555; 888; or 1,111?
- Up until ceasing posts in March 2012 who had become the most followed active professional footballer (soccer player) on Twitter?
- Explorer, Street Triple, Rocket and Thunderbird are motorbikes of which manufacturer?
- Roots of the dandelion plant can be used to make a drink very like: Milk; Cider; Coffee; or Coca-Cola?
- CV is the international vehicle registration code of which island nation?
- Chittagong beach in Bangladesh is famous for: Surfing; Weddings; Casinos; or Shipbreaking?
- Who was the last English monarch to win the throne on the battlefield?
- In classical painting a putto (plural putti) is a baby what: Angel; Jesus; Devil; or Elephant?
- The acronym IED stands for what in relation to terrorism?
- Three what feature on the insignia or badge of the abortive Apollo 13 lunar misson?
- The Russian Sukhoi Company is famous for making what?
- Spell the word Abscence; Absense; Abcence; Absence; or Abcense?
- Actor Tom Conti was found to descend from Napoleon Bonaparte after analysis of: Church records; Y-Chromosome DNA; Mitochondrial DNA; or Family photos?
- What is the international dialling code for Egypt: 20; 30; 40; or 50?
- Who were the first married couple to serve in a cabinet of the UK government?
- The amusingly nicknamed 'Brumbrella' was a vast mechanical rain cover at which city's cricket ground? - bonus point - Name the cricket ground?
quizballs 199 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.