quizballs 198 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 198 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Rib, stretcher, runner, ferrule, crook-handle and tube are parts of which common protective device?
- As at 2012 which newspaper has the most popular website: Bild; New York Times; Daily Mail; or China Daily?
- Spell: Prestigeous; Prestigous; Prestidgous; or Prestigious?
- What significant territory did President Richard Nixon call by telephone on 20 July 1969?
- In 2012 what Aintree obstacle did the UK RSPCA describe as a 'killer fence' in calling for its removal from the Grand National steeplechase course?
- Expropriate means: Dispossess; Unacceptable; Old-fashioned; Allocate?
- What spring 2012 Formula 1 Grand Prix was held amongst violent civil unrest?
- Static occlusion, dynamic occlusion, and centric occlusion refer to misalignment of what?
- What major international leader was in 2010 officially given ranked status as a Hells Angel by his nation's 'high council' of bikers, with the name 'Abaddon'?
- What sovereign state's English-language website was revealed in 2012 by a New York student to have been built using an American $15 website design template: Malta; Monaco; Vatican City; or North Korea?
- Bratwurst is a greatly varying German food made mainly of: Meat; Cabbage; Potato; or Fish?
- Jurisprudence is the theory/philosophy of what?
- Hyponatremia/hyponatraemia is an unhelpful reduction of what element in human blood serum?
- The fastest ever book character and the first sub-three-hour vegetable were notable achievers at which 2012 London event?
- What creature is on the mission insignia or badge of the first moon landing, Apollo 11?
- RIM's 2012-launched smartphone is called the BlackBerry: 5; 7; 10; or 17? - bonus point - What does RIM stand for?
- The mountainous and partly lawless province of Nuristan lies in the north-east of which country?
- About five-million tonnes of debris from which 2011 event was estimated to wash onto western Canadian and US shores in 2012-13?
- In which city was English King Richard III's body displayed after his defeat in 1485? - bonus point - Richard III was killed at the Battle of (what) Field?
- Canadian psychiatrist Eric Berne (1910-70) founded which psychotherapeutic/psychological methodology?
quizballs 198 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2013.