quizballs 197 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 197 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the largest city by population in the world (at 2012, according to 'core districts' definition of city or equivalent)?
- Where do little-understood bony lumps called 'tori' form in the human body?
- Name Irvine Welsh's best selling 1993 novel about heroin addiction?
- Which country's leader, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, announced in 2012 the effective nationalisation of local oil assets owned by Spanish corporation Repsol?
- Heddon Street, off Regent Street, London, provided the location for what David Bowie album cover?
- India's national emblem features three prominent: Tigers; Peacocks; Elephants or Lions?
- City University London's Cass School specialises in: Fashion; Theatre; Medicine; or Business?
- SNCF is the state railway group of which country?
- What historic bicycle company introduced the children's Chopper bike in the 1970s?
- Name the African-American revolutionary organization founded in the US in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale?
- American Jim Yong Kim was appointed head of which international organization in April 2012?
- Artist Scott King's partly ironic 2012 proposal (protesting at 'idiot-sized public works of art') for a 300ft gold statue at Southend on Sea, Essex UK, close to the legendary Kursaal ballroom and amusement centre, featured what iconic Canvey Island entertainer: Engelbert Humperdinck; Lee Brilleaux; Noel Edmonds; or Mr Blobby? - Bonus point - The word kursaal, originally a 'cure room' or spa where entertainment was provided, is from which language?
- Italian for angry, what is the pasta sauce of garlic, tomatoes, and red chili cooked in olive oil?
- Incumbent means: Tax-avoiding; Position-holder; Hotel guest; or Guilty?
- Terrence Rattigan's famous dramatised true story of the wrongfully alleged theft of a five-shilling postal order is called The (What?) Boy?
- Which controversial publisher of unauthorised secret information hosted a new Russian TV show in Spring 2012?
- To which country did Amazon move its European HQ in 2006?
- In which city's famous vast indoor market did a James Bond film motorcycle stunt-rider crash accidentally through a 330-year old shop-front in 2012? - bonus point - Name the James Bond movie being filmed? - additional bonus point - What number is that 2012 film in the Bond film series?
- In 2012 which one of these politicians competed in the stated event: Ed Balls - Marathon; Angela Merkel - Triathlon; Barack Obama - Bunjee Jump; or Nicolas Sarkozy - Tour de France?
- A 'silk' is an informal term for what prestigious grade of profession?
quizballs 197 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.