quizballs 196 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 196 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the only internal human organ capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue?
- What model pioneered personal computing in the 1980s, selling over 20 million of its (then huge) 64k memory machines?
- Name the passenger vehicle famously lost with 36 fatalities on 6 May 1937 at New Jersey US?
- Spell the city name: Pnom Penh; Phnom Penh; Phnom Penn; or Pnhom Pehn? - Bonus point, it is the capital city of which country?
- Belgian surgeon Jacques Rogge headed what organization (at 2012)? - Bonus point - Who preceded Rogge and was the longest serving president, 1980-2001? - additional bonus point - What nationality was that longest serving president of the IOC?
- What instrument most commonly features in the logos of national postal services?
- Protected Geographical Status (PGS) is a EU legal framework to protect the names of regional: Foods/drinks; Songs; Dances; or Festivals?
- Chicken Pox is mainly contracted from contact with: Children; Adults; Water; or Birds?
- Which country has (early 2000s) the highest AIDS infection rate in the world?
- Tian Tian and Yang Guang are: Pandas; Perfumes; Triad gangsters; Beijing subway stations; or Korean search engines?
- Earl Scruggs (1924-2012) pioneered and was master of the three-fingered technique for playing what?
- Facebook announced the acquisition of what major photo app company in April 2012?
- Introduced in the early 1900s, the internationally used Whyte Notation (representing the number of leading/driving/trailing wheels, via a numbers and dashes system) classifies what?
- Perfunctory means: Smelly; Faultless; Careless; or Structured?
- In 2012 Harvard professor Jonathan Tilley announced research apparently proving (contrary to all previous medical thinking) what human feature can be enabled to be replenished in the host body: Teeth; Brain tissue; Eggs; or Heart?
- The Chinese (translated) 'Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists' which once instigated a famous rebellion against colonial and imperial presence in Peking (now Beijing) China, were better known by what name?
- The federation of which sport ruled in early 2012 that bikinis would not be compulsory for its competitors at the London Olympics?
- The UK further education system abbreviation UCAS stands for what?
- Name Shanghai's financial area and China's commercial hub, literally meaning 'east bank'?
- What modern counter-intuitive notion of leading people did author Robert Greenleaf popularize in his so-titled 1977 book?
quizballs 196 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2013.