quizballs 195 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 195 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What vague unit of time is also the same as torque in physics, being a rotational force?
- What two countries did the Titanic visit after leaving Southampton on its doomed maiden voyage? - Bonus points - name the two ports that the Titanic visited on leaving Southampton on its doomed maiden voyage?
- Name the credit-card sized very low cost basic personal computer designed to increase young people/school computer access and skills: Raspberry Pi; Blueberry Te; Strawberry We; or Blackberry Way?
- Spell the name of the famous Burmese former political prisoner and leader (designate at April 2012): Ang Sun Sui Ky; Aung San Suu Kyi; An Song Soy Koi; or Un Sung Sui Coy?
- The Hornbostel-Sachs (or Sachs-Hornbostel) system classifies what: Musical instruments; Planets; Poisons; or Lenses?
- What nationality is the retail group Carrefour (at 2012)?
- What UK government-funded company traditionally employing disabled people in manufacturing was founded in 1945 to provide work for injured soldiers?
- The wonderfully named district of Hhohho is in which continent?
- What deceptive old name is given to a pudding of stewed fruit blended with custard/cream/similar?
- What is the Japanese word for the sash worn as a belt in traditional dress (kimonos and martial arts uniforms, etc)?
- Tonsure refers to removal of hair from the: Ears; Head; Chest; or Nasal tubes?
- In old English, a Yeoman was originally a man possessing/working with: Land; Sheep; Weapons; or Potatoes?
- Greek 'skhizo' and 'skhizein' basically mean what?
- What African country experienced a 2012 rebellion by Tuareg fighters?
- Zampone is an Italian dish made of stuffed pig's what: Head; Heart; Kidney; or Trotter?
- Mallard is the official world speed record holding what?
- Which major social networking corporation grew from a branded messaging project at podcasting site Odeo?
- Pissouri, Paphos, and Protarus are seaside resorts in which Mediterranean island?
- What airline was exposed in Spring 2012 as having leaked celebrities' flight details to a paparazzi agency?
- What symbol gave its name to a method of identifying references and trends, etc., in social networking technology?
quizballs 195 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes