quizballs 193 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 193 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Name the hugely and suddenly successful 'Pictionary-type' online game bought by Zynga for $180m in 2012?
- Central Anatolia, Eastern Anatolia, and South Eastern Anatolia, are regions of which country?
- Where did the modern common potato originate: South America; North America; Africa; or Asia?
- What is the modern name of the island borough bought by Dutchman Peter Minuit from Native Americans in 1626, and then called New Amsterdam?
- What material was used in making the 2,000 year-old dome of the Pantheon in Rome: Stone; Concrete; Glass; or Wood?
- The Renminbi is currency, and increasingly important in global trading, of which country?
- How many miles is the London orbital M25 motorway: 27; 54; 89; or 117? - Bonus point - how long is the M25 motorway in kilometres?
- An exoplanet is a planet which does what to a sun (outside of our own solar system): Orbits; Crashes into; Swallows; or Converts into?
- What popular internationally franchised UK TV quiz game show, producing very funny wrong answers, ended in the UK in March 2012?
- Which artist/inventor's famous lost 1504 painting, The Battle of Anghiari, was found in 2012 hidden in Florence Town Hall, behind a later fresco?
- (Typically by a woman) a peplum is: Eaten; Worn: Driven; or Sniffed?
- In what country was the wholesale 'cash'n'carry' business Makro founded?
- As at 2012 what is the only European country to routinely apply the death penalty?
- Coptic refers to a sect of what religious order: Buddhism; Hinduism; Islam; or Christianity?
- The daisy-like plants called chamomile/camomile are regarded to be a helpful natural aid chiefly for: Sleep/relaxation; Bruising; Cuts/abrasions; or Blocked sinus?
- St Tropez, Sienna X, and Fake Bake are popular brands of what product/service type?
- As at 2012 Dame Marjorie Scardino is/was head of what high-performing global media/learning corporation?
- The British pub name 'The Talbot' traditionally refers to a what?
- Spell the word: Pongnant; Poignant; Poygnant; Poignent? - Bonus point, it means: Physically stressful; Emotionally moving; Scientifically accurate; or Cleverly designed?
- The effect in which hostage victims form emotional attachment or fondness towards their captors is called '(What city?) Syndrome'?
quizballs 193 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes