This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 192 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 192 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What biscuit was created to celebrate the visit of a founding father of modern Italy to London in 1864?
- The natural effect causing paint to rise up the hairs of a paintbrush, and liquid to rise up a narrow tube is called (what) action?
- Spell the medical term: Cortorize; Quarterize; Cauterize; or Quortorize? And, bonus point, what process does it entail (applying to the skin or flesh): Burning; Stitching; Grafting; or Swaddling?
- In 1971 the Russian-built Salyut 1 became the first what?
- What drink brand was first to be offered with a foam producing 'widget' in the can? - Bonus point, what gas does the widget release, producing the foam?
- Roughly how long did the Pony Express service operate in the USA: 1 year; 5 years; 10 years; or 20 years?
- What drug company developed Viagra?
- What car company was set up by Colin Chapman in 1952, subsequently succeeding in F1 racing?
- What Canadian city was named by explorer Jacques Cartier, meaning originally 'Royal Mount'?
- What controversial levy was introduced in the UK in 1989-90, replaced after prolonged protests by the Council Tax?
- Dr Robert Atkins, (1930-2003), who died weighing 260lbs, was noted for what eponymous conception?
- What ingredient, used cleverly very sparingly by the Romans, largely determines durability of concrete?
- Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie (VOC), was better known as what hugely influential organization, notably in the colonial exploitation of Asia?
- What does 'swaddling' mean: Wrapping in cloth; Covering in oil; Soaking in milk; or Protecting with straw?
- Technically the potato is a: Tuber; Root; Stem; or Fruit?
- In what modern country did the ancient Sumer or Sumerian civilisation develop and flourish?
- Modern DNA studies show that the first migrants to the North American continent were: Asians; Europeans; South Americans; or Africans?
- What modern convenient foodstuff takes its name from the Latin meaning 'salted (and preserved meat)'?
- What famous detective/crime writer was the first goalkeeper and a founder of Portsmouth United Football Club?
- What naturally occurring and dangerous material is commonly represented by the formula Mg3(Si2O5)(OH)4?
quizballs 192 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes