quizballs 191 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 191 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Hygroscopic refers to substances which do what to water: Absorb/Adsorb; Repel; Heat; or Freeze?
- Spell the word: Auxillary; Auxiliary; Auxilliary; Auxilary?
- What is Germany's biggest selling newspaper (at 2012)?
- Baselworld in Switzerland is the world's biggest annual tradeshow event for: Watches and Jewellery; Cheese; Motorbikes; or Banking?
- Name the famous cartoonist whose strip was rejected in Mar 2012 by several US newspapers for satirising anti-abortion measures adopted in Texas? (Bonus point, name the strip?)
- The term photovoltaic refers to technology in what renewable energy?
- Shakespeare's play of Greek/Trojan war, love and betrayal is Troilus and (who)?
- Rust on metal is caused by the action of: Moisture and Oxygen; Salt and Hydrogen; Heat and Mositure; or Salt and Moisture?
- Who in the 1970s was the first big sports superstar endorsee of the Fila brand?
- Press-ups and squat-thrusts were reportedly introduced in 2012 as staff punishments at what major retailer's Milan branch: John Lewis; Marks and Spencer; Walmart; or Abercrombie and Fitch?
- Name the 1982 Buckingham Palace early-hours intruder who woke and spoke to Elizabeth II in her bedroom?
- At 2012 what mobile broadband service is/was the next major upgrade for most of Europe: 2G; 3G; 4G; or 5G?
- A4E, the controversial UK-based government-funded work training and placement agency stands for what original name?
- Pierre Boulez, Ferenc Fricsay, Valery Gergiev, Kurt Masur, Dmitri Mitropoulos, Leopold Stokowski are noted for being famous what, who generally did not use what now common tool of their profession? (two answers required)
- 72 year-old Nepali Chandra Bahadur Dangi was certified in 2012 by the Guinness Book of World Records as the shortest human ever at how many inches: 21.5; 27; 31.5; or 34?
- Name the Sony Playstation new handheld gaming model launched in Europe in 2012?
- What country inspired the term Banana Republic?
- Frenchman Maurice André, who attributed his stamina and breath control to his teenage years as a coal miner, was a famous virtuoso player of what instrument?
- The acronym STEM in education refers to a set of what four technical subjects?
- Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger's 'thought experiment' theory is referred to as Schrödinger's (what animal)?
quizballs 191 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.