quizballs 190 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 190 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In what country was the sports goods company Fila first established (1911) and owned?
- What airport carries the most international passengers in the world (at 2012)?
- The translation 'long chair' refers to what traditionally French named item of furniture?
- King Rama and Queen Sirikit rule which country (at 2012), bordered by Burma, Laos, and Cambodia?
- Spell the word: Exagerrate; Exagerate; Exaggerate; Exaggerrate?
- Moishe Shagall, born 1887 in what is now Belarus, became famous under what other name?
- From Greek meaning within, what sort of gland secretes hormones, etc., directly into the blood?
- What weekday is traditionally called 'Super...' in the election of US presidential candidates?
- The business abbreviation SME usually refers to what?
- Geir Haard (who in 2012 became the first politician to face court charges for negligence in contributing to the 2008 global financial crisis) led what country?
- What trade takes its name from the old word for twelve dozen?
- What is the lowest note on a common traditional four-string mandolin?
- The 'doppelsigrune' or 'sig runes' was the symbol of what secretive and powerful organization?
- UK tabloid newspapers are commonly called: Blue-prints; Red-tops; Black-sheets; or Brown-bottoms?
- The initials of (what was) the major UK engineering/technology corporation GEC stand for what?
- Who was the last head of state of the Soviet Union?
- What city opened the UK's largest city-centre water feature - the 'Mirror Pool' - in Spring 2012: London; Birmingham; Edinburgh; or Bradford?
- As at 2012 what nationality is the Brewery corporation Carlsberg?
- Argyle Pink Jubilee is a: Rose; Champagne; Diamond; or Racehorse?
- Name Norwegian Evard Munch's famous painting of human outburst?
quizballs 190 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.