quizballs 188 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 188 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which corporation suffered embarrassment after sponsoring and naming the cold weather system which caused multiple fatalities across Eastern Europe in Feb 2012?
- Named after Hantan River, South Korea, hantaviruses typically infect humans through transfer from bites, waste, etc., of: Mosquitoes; Rodents; Dogs; or Bats?
- As at 2012 what country is the world's largest democracy?
- In 2012 Josefina Vazquez Mota became a presidential candidate for the ruling National Action Party (PAN) in which country?
- In what country was Britain's Queen Elizabeth II when she became Queen in 1952?
- Who painted The Card Players, at Feb 2012 the most expensive artwork in the world?
- Medically, what does CPR most commonly stand for?
- Name the Australian mining tycoon who after acquiring substantial newspaper shareholdings in 2012 emerged from obscurity as one of the world's richest women?
- Babaotai Chuanwen refers to the so-called 'Eight (what?) Scandal' in Chinese news, Feb 2012?
- Emil Boc resigned as prime minister of which European country in Feb 2012?
- Rosie47, named after a pet dog, is/was: Harry Redknapp's secret Monaco bank account; Prince Harry's Apache helicopter; Harry Hill's new TV series; or a Harold Pinter play about a pet dog?
- What is the colour/color sequence of the four letters in the Ebay logo, reading left to right?
- What is the regulation maximum width of the white baseline marking on a tennis court?
- Pelagic refers to the open what?
- Lisa del Giocondo is better known as what famous characterization?
- Referring to the study of the Earth's atmosphere and weather, spell: Meterology; Meteorology; Metreology; or Metarology?
- What is the technical name of the 'love hormone' secreted by the pituitary gland, notably associated with conception, childbirth and breastfeeding?
- As at 2012 Goulburn Correctional Centre is considered the highest security prison of which country?
- Litotes (pronounced 'lie-toe-tees') is a literary/language/communications term referring to: Exaggeration; Sadness; Happiness; or Understatement?
- An atlatl (confirm spelling is ATLATL) is a device for: Throwing spears; Measuring ocean depth; Sculpting clay; or Storing atlases?
quizballs 188 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes