quizballs 186 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 186 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What capital city of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh became famous for the 1984 gas poisoning disaster at Dow Chemicals' Union Carbide plant?
- What, according to Forbes magazine in 2011 "...achieved in 7 years what the CIA could not in 60, i.e., knowing what 800million people think, read and listen to..." ?
- The French term ligne (equating to 'line' in English) is used by makers of watches, buttons and hats as an expression of: Size; Hardness; Quality; or Circular perfection?
- The international SOLAS treaty, passed two years after after the 1912 Titanic sinking, stands for what?
- The word husband is derived from the ancient Old Norse meanings of 'house' and what activity: Farming; Hunting; Fighting; or Child-rearing?
- Who wrote The Stepford Wives, Rosemary's Baby, and The Boys from Brazil?
- Name the controversial guest character, subject to European extradition proceedings, appearing in the 500th edition of The Simpsons TV animation series?
- Cymraeg refers to what nation's language, in its own language?
- The European/Asian slow worm (Anguis) is what sort of animal: Snake; Lizard; Eel; or Earthworm?
- Spell the surname of the notable German writer and philosopher: Nietzch; Neitsche; Nietzsche; or Nietzche; or Neitzche?
- Piscine Molitor Patel is better known by what highly abbreviated name, being the central character of an eponymously titled novel?
- SOPA, the 2011/12 USA bill addressing internet copyright infringement stands for what?
- Name the UK government minister in the news in 2012 for his initiatives for schools bible distribution and a new royal yacht?
- The Venetian island of Murano is noted for its centuries-old traditional manufacture of what material in decorative form?
- 'Guerilla' street art attributed to 'Banski' became a notable feature of what capital city in 2012?
- The fashionable Belstaff clothing label was founded in Staffordshire UK in 1924 initially to produce protective waterprooof clothing for: Fishermen; Motorcyclists; Policemen; or Deep-sea divers?
- 'Data Pool 3' refers to millions of documents provided to police investigators by what organization?
- What mixed drink takes its name from the Spanish for 'bleeding'?
- What instrument is the basis of the occupational name for a stringed instrument maker, notably of violins and guitars?
- The printing/publishing term 'vox nihili' referring to a useles or redundant word, especially from an error, literally means what?
quizballs 186 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.