quizballs 181 - 'dogs themed' general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free 'dogs themed' general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 181 - free 'dogs themed' general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
What dog name is (primarily) associated with each the following books/TV shows/stories/historical situations or people? Where fictional 'actor' dogs are concerned the fictional name is required, not the dog's real name.. Other than where stated, the answer is a single dog.
- The Adventures of Tintin?
- Sputnik 2?
- Stephen King's rabid eponymous St Bernard?
- Doctor Who?
- Bill Sikes, Oliver Twist?
- Call of the Wild (novel and movie)?
- Hagrid's 'cowardly' boarhound, of Harry Potter fame?
- Three-headed hound of Hades?
- US Army WWI most decorated war dog, and highest ranking?
- HMV (His Master's Voice) early logo?
- Dorothy Gale?
- Milo's dog, The Phantom Tollbooth's 'watchdog'?
- Stolen Jules Rimet Trophy, 1966?
- US President Bill Clinton?
- King Arthur?
- Elizabeth Dalloway's dog, in Virginia Woolf's novel Mrs Dalloway?
- Odysseus's faithful hound in Homer's Odyssey?
- Enid Blyton's Famous Five?
- BBCTV's Blue Peter - first dog - bonus point for second dog?
- Mrs Pumphrey's pekingese James Herriot's vet stories?
- Johnny Quest?
- Paul McCartney, and supposedly inspiration for a Beatles song/song title?
- Lord Byron?
- Bob Carolgees and Tiswas (UK 1970s-80s TV show)?
- Agatha Christie's novel Dumb Witness?
- Sooty and.. ?
- Punch and Judy shows?
- Bulldog in Tom and Jerry cartoons - bonus point for his baby son bulldog?
- US President Barack Obama?
- Farmer Maggot's (three) guard dogs in Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings?
quizballs 181 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes