quizballs 176 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 176 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Name artist Damien Hirst's famous (supposedly £50m) diamond and platinum encrusted skull artwork?
- What notable businessman is known as the Sage of Omaha?
- What seasonal name is most commonly given to the uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa, which began in Tunisia, December 2010?
- In Native American ceremonial custom what is a calumet: Peace pipe; Headdress; Chant; or Spear?
- What animal name is given to the type of investment fund which buys large distressed debts especially of war/chaos-torn countries, aiming later to demand and sue for extortionate interest payments?
- What small ex-Soviet nation between Turkey and Iran was World Team Chess Champion in 2011 and subsequently made the game compulsory in primary school education?
- What is the common name for the round skullcap worn by Jewish males?
- What sort of well is named after a former French province, where Carthusian monks first drilled them in the 12th century?
- In Cable Street East London, 1936, thousands of ordinary people famously stopped a march by what uniformly nicknamed organization?
- Name the focus of the UK Leveson inquiry: Press standards; Political lobbying; MP's expenses; or The Iraq War?
- What among these are the UK-English and US-English spellings of the word: Maneuver; Manuevre; Manoeuvre; Manouver; or Manoova? (Two answers required)
- What in 1911 became the replacement alliterative title of US writer Ambrose Bierce's mischievously amusing reference work 'The Cynics Word Book'?
- What is the colourful nickname of the International Business Machines (IBM) corporation?
- What is conventionally regarded to be the opposite of Utopia?
- Name the humanitarian and ex-special envoy to the Archbishop of Canterbury, held hostage in Lebanon from 1987-1991?
- In medicine, the word styptic refers to something that stops what?
- In his seminally optimistic 1734 poem, An Essay on Man, Alexander Pope wrote the famous line, "Hope springs eternal in the (what)"?
- Ipanema and Copacabana beach are parts of what famous city?
- A rising or resurgence of the hydrosphere is more commonly known as what?
- The term 'flotsam and jetsam' technically and originally refers to what: Marine wreckage; Plant matter; Animal matter; or Litter?
quizballs 176 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes