quizballs 174 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 174 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Said to be the most natural unit of time what is typically defined as the period of rotation of the Earth relative to any selected heavenly body?
- What foodstuff, meaning 'fat liver' in French, is made from the liver of a duck or goose fattened traditionally by force-feeding?
- Spell the words: Supersede/Supercede; Separate/Seperate; Relevant/Relevent; and Hygiene/Hygene? (Half a point each)
- What do the initials of the hugely influential IMF organization (which promotes international economic cooperation) stand for?
- Where on the female body is a snood worn: Thumb/finger; Ankle/calf; Torso/waist; or Head/neck?
- Which of these periodic table descriptions is given to the chemical element Arsenic (As): Lanthanide; Metalloid; Noble gas; or Halogen?
- The Head of State in Italy is (at 2011) a: Prime Minister; President; King; or General?
- Conceived in 1999 in Melbourne, Australia, the annual month-long charity effort 'Movember' raises awareness/funds for men's health issues (notably prostate and testicular cancer) involving the wearing of what?
- Born in October 1949, and as at 2011 in prison for life in France, by what nickname is Venezeulan Ilich Ramírez Sánchez known?
- Canadian professor of management and psychology, Victor Vroom, established '(What?) Theory'?
- What is the fictional brand based at the UK postcode E20 6PQ, and, announced in 2011, the real brand subsequently allocated the entire E20 postal district? (Two answers required - one point each)
- What is the (full name of the) United Nations' agency for nuclear technology, abbreviated to IAEA?
- What country has a socialist political party whose members are called Sandanistas?
- Infection caused by the parasitic microorganism Plasmodium genus is known better as what disease?
- What musical instrument has the nickname 'the devil's box'?
- The Observer is the Sunday edition of which UK daily newspaper?
- Vitreous enamel, used to decorate and protect pottery, metals, etc., is: Plastic; Resin; Graphite; Carbon; or Glass?
- What German word refers to the highest or premier league of any sport in Germany or Austria?
- From 2006-11 and ongoing, Giuliano Mignini became infamous for alleged incompetence and recklessness in what role in Italy? Soccer referee; Public prosecutor; Pizza restaurateur; or Formula 1 team manager?
- What car/vehicle maker has (at 2011) a logo of two chevrons, one above the other, both pointing upwards?
quizballs 174 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes