quizballs 171 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 171 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What does the abbreviation MCC, the ex-governing body of English cricket, stand for?
- What name was given to a legendary substance believed to turn base metals (notably lead) into gold or silver?
- From early Greek meaning 'a living together' what word refers to two organisms interacting together for mutual benefit, usually for long time, for example a bee and a flower, and figuratively also to people?
- Spell: Unecessary; Unnecassery; Unneccasary; Unnecessary?
- The sweet variety of the plant genus Musa is more commonly known as what?
- Technically the Earth's moon is a: Planet; Asteroid; Star; or Satellite?
- Racip Erdogan is a leader (at 2011) of what nation?
- Polly Toynbee is a British writer and journalist mainly on: Sport; Fashion; Travel; or Politics?
- Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, better known abbreviated, represents which cause?
- Karaoke is a Japanese portmanteau word made from which two words (English translation required)?
- What historic capital city is situated where the White Nile and Blue Nile join to form the southern start of the Nile?
- What London landmark became the UK focus of global protests in October 2011 against corporate greed?
- Which of these is not a famous guitar maker: Gibson; Fender; Steinway; or Yamaha?
- The English town of Wootton Bassett was awarded what prestigious prefix acknowledging its treatment of Britain's repatriated armed forces killed in action overseas, from 2007-11?
- What UK newspaper's grossly wrong reporting of the 1989 Hillsborough soccer stadium disaster still causes it to be boycotted in Liverpool over 20 years later?
- The New Zealand All Blacks rugby union team badge emblem is a silver: Sun; Eagle; Fern; Mountain; or Sheep?
- Haematoma and Ecchymosis are medical terms which more commonly are called a: Bruise; Heart-attack; Fit; or Cut requiring stitches?
- In physics, mass multiplied by velocity equals what, represented by the symbol P: Density; Speed; Weight; Force; or Momentum?
- What is the internet country code top-level domain (www country domain suffix) for Mexico? .me; .mc; .mx; .mi; or .mo?
- The Latin pectus refers to what part of the human body: Arm; Chest; Eye; or Mouth?
quizballs 171 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes