quizballs 167 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 167 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What sort of bird is a coot: Aquatic; Burrowing; Flightless; or Featherless?
- The web-based not-for-profit venture which compiles and freely offers vast numbers of documents and literary works is called Project (what?): Gutenberg; Caxton; Shakespeare; or Murdoch?
- A traditional hoy boat is powered by: Wind; Steam; Horse; or Solar-power?
- The modern internet grew from a non-public US Defense system called: Usdweb; Arpanet; Denet; or Deweb?
- What widely referenced cosmetic surgery method contains the Greek word for fat?
- What word, deriving from centuries-old papal custom, refers to favouring/favoring relatives in awarding responsibility and authority?
- The English word Parliament derives from what foreign word-meaning: Men; Speak; Govern; or Vote?
- As at 2011 how many countries of the world criminalize homosexuality: 23; 34; 47; or 82?
- (Supplementary question) As at 2011 how many countries which criminalize homosexuality are in the British Commonwealth: none; one; six; or 40?
- (Supplementary question) In what year did the UK decriminalize homosexuality: 1816; 1882; 1909; or 1967?
- What in Spanish what does the song-title, 'Que Sera, Sera,' mean (loosely, not grammatically correctly): Whatever you want, you want; Wherever you go, you go; Whatever will be, will be; or Whoever you are, you are?
- The computer file format .wav ('dot-wav') is conventionally used for: Spreadsheets; Music/audio; Emails; or Telecoms?
- Spell Amsterdam's airport: Schiphol; Skiffol; Sczivol; or Schifol?
- John Le Carré's 1974 novel title did not include which two words: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor, Thief, Spy?
- What, in 2010, was Pope Benedict reported to have described as an "...expression of the gift of oneself to God and others..": Charity work; Parenthood; Celibacy; or Masturbation?
- The posting of offensive messages on the internet is informally called: or Slapping; Bugging; Monstering; or Trolling?
- Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and General Dynamics are notable corporations in what sector: Pharmaceuticals; Armaments; Computer games; or Cinematic production?
- What is the currency of Brazil: Peso; Real; Dollar; or Dinar?
- Political and economic leaders are often described as being what, according to having aggressive or cautious views: Lions/Rabbits; Hawks/Doves; Stags/Beavers; or Foxes/Hens?
- What is a Gilbert Virtuo: Gin cocktail; Machine gun; Lawn mower; or Rugby ball?
quizballs 167 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes