quizballs 152 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 152 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Female vocalist Omara Portuondo became famous in what internationally popular Cuban group of musicians?
- Thingvalla Lake is in which country?
- Name the 'Butcher of Bosnia' arrested in May 2011 after 16 years evasion following his indictment for war crimes?
- In 2006, Romania banned sturgeon fishing in which river?
- The International Bureau of Weights and Measures is based in which European country?
- As at 2011 who is the world's youngest self-made billionaire?
- What is the name of the Hindu funeral custom in which a widow would throw herself onto her husband's funeral pyre?
- In what Shakespeare play does the character Marcellus say, 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' ?
- Campione d'Italia, is an Italian enclave in which European country?
- What large dangerous short-snouted variety of creature, from India, is a mugger?
- Name the South African record-breaking Paralympic sprinter known as the 'Blade Runner' (referring to his carbon-fibre artificial limbs)?
- On which part of the body would Russian valenki normally be worn?
- The Zapatista Army of National Liberation (Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional) is a revolutionary group in which country?
- Norwegian politican, Trygve Lie, was the first Secretary General of which organisation?
- What popular rosy-cheeked animal character, launched on UK TV in 2004, was licensed to US Fisher Price Toys in 2011?
- The Royal House of Chakri has (at 2011) ruled which country since 1782?
- Sir Reginald Dorman Smith, former British Minister of Agriculture, instigated which campaign during World War II to encourage people to convert land for growing more fruit and vegetables?
- Once used as a currency in several parts of the world, what are cowries?
- Name the Ebay-owned online payment processing corporation which sued Google in 2011 for poaching its staff?
- 'The Persistence of Memory', featuring images of a melting pocket-watch, is a work by which artist?
- Name the head of FIFA re-elected in 2011 amid crisis and calls for his resignation?
- Republic of the Union of Myanmar is better known as what country?
- Found in the Sahara and North Africa, the nocturnal Fennec Fox is noted for its unusually large: Tail; Ears; Eyes; or Feet?
- Name the American 'godfather of rap' who died in May 2011, noted especially for his 1970 poem-song 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised',?
- Which US state is said to be named in honour/honor of British monarch Queen Elizabeth I?
- Castries is the capital of which Caribbean island?
- What salad vegetable was initially at the centre of international debate, notably between Spain and Germany, after a fatal E.coli outbreak in May 2011 in the latter nation?
- The mountainous region of what Mediterranean holiday Island suffered severe forest fires in May 2011?
- How many serifs are in the HONDA Motor Company logo?
- What is an oblation in relation to a god? Offering; Curse; Damnation; or Church?
quizballs 152 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes