quizballs 145 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 145 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Infrasound - sound lower than 20Hz (Hertz, or cycles per second) and typically undetectable by human hearing - is more commonly termed what?
- Which Tropic divides Mexico into temperate and tropical zones?
- Which month was named after the Roman god of war?
- Paques is the French term for which religious festival?
- Which country has the internet domain .pl?
- What does the 'S' stand for in UNESCO?
- Traditionally, oysters should be eaten when which letter of the alphabet is in the month?
- Cryptozoology is the study of which type of creatures: Burrowing; Corpse-feeding; Mythical; or Church-dwelling?
- Which playing card is known as the 'Beer Card?
- Which canal is known as the 'Highway to India'?
- Which vegetable has the Latin name Allium Cepa?
- The moons of which planet are named after Shakespearian characters?
- Charmeuse, Noil and Shantung are all types of which fabric?
- The enzyme pepsin is released by cells in which part of the human body?
- Which US president popularised the term 'muckraking' (meaning investigative reporting, notably of politics and business) in a 1906 speech?
- Deriving from, and in part meaning small, what is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet?
- If something is piscivorous, what does it generally feed on?
- Previously deemed too dangerous, what Winter Olympics event will be open to women for the first time in the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi?
- What is the name for mammals born incompletely developed and carried and suckled in a pouch on the mother's belly?
- Croquembouche is a dessert tower made of what: Fruit; Ice-cream; Profiteroles; or Meringue?
- Which is the only country in Southeast Asia never to have been colonized by a European power?
- Bourse is a European word for what financial mechanism?
- Abidjan is the former capital and a major battleground of what civil-war-torn nation in 2011?
- In relation to spiritual diety Pachamama, in 2011 Bolivia announced a new unusual Law of what?
- What UK event did protest group Animal Aid describe in 2011 as 'straightforward animal abuse on a par with Spanish Bullfighting'?
- 2011 is how many years' anniversary of the start of (what is conventionally referred to as) the US Civil War?
- What is the originally north African dish made of coursely ground wheat whose Arabic name, kaskasa, means 'to pound'?
- At what fret are found the same notes as the open strings, but an octave higher, on a standard guitar: 8th; 10th; 12th; or 14th?
- Spell the name of the WWII Nazi concentration camp Ausvitcz/Auschwitz/Awsvitch/Auscwicz?
- In conventional chessboard layout denotion, where the white castle (rook) starts on square a1, what piece occupies e8?
quizballs 145 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes