quizballs 141 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 141 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Butoh, a ritualistic emotional dance involving extreme movement and stillness is from which country?
- The Law of Large Numbers is a principle which seeks to explain what, commonly considered inexplicable?
- What is the substance made from petroleum used for road surfacing, whose name derives from Greek meaning 'of foreign origin'?
- The popularly used drug Simvastatin is prescribed to counter what human condition?
- Asha Bhosle is a star and vocal artist of what film type? Bollywood/Hindi; Cookery; Horror; News/Documentary? i
- What is solid carbon dioxide commonly called?
- What is the correct spelling of a Cadbury Cream/Creme/Creem/Creame Egg?
- The huge American springtime festival of film, music and technology SXSW is held where?
- Cheese is said to combat tooth erosion because it contains what?
- Name the UK's greatest Paralympic medal winner (as at 2011)?
- What piece starts at square A1 on a chessboard?
- Who wrote the opera Aida?
- Name Garry Trudeau's army-related cartoon strip?
- The iconic freedom-fighting political heroine Aung San Suu Kyi is what nationality?
- The word quibble is said (by the OED and other sources) to have originated probably as a term in what type of professional documents?
- In the 2001 official UK national census what religion did 390,000 people incredibly claim to be?
- Name the US soldier arrested and imprisoned in 2010 in relation to Wikileaks' publication of thousands of secret US Defense documents, and subject to humanitarian protests about his treatment?
- What, that you might wear, may be welted?
- Printer paper typically graded at 90 or 100 refers to 90 or 100 what?
- Mixing blue, red and yellow paint produces what colour/color?
- Mixing blue, red, and green light produces what colour/color?
- Nate Dogg who died age 41 in 2011 found fame in what performance genre?
- What is the main cereal component of UK flapjacks, known as Hudson Bay Bars in the USA?
- Olympic cycling (as at 2012) is divided into what four sections?
- What nation ended conscription to its Bundeswehr in 2011?
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan took office in 2003 (2011 serves still) as prime minister of which country, connecting Europe and Asia?
- In what 'royal' village was Princess Diana born?
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf was elected president in 2005 of which war-torn African country, bordered by Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Côte d'Ivoire?
- What city, named after a month of the year, claims in recent tradition to host the largest street carnival in the world?
- Prunes are dried what?
quizballs 141 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes