quizballs 126 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 126 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- How many vertices does a cube have?
- Which Cuban dictator was overthrown by Fidel Castro in 1959?
- What massive effect did these countries experience in the years stated: Thailand 1997; Russia 1998, Brazil 1999, Argentina 2001, and Iceland 2009?
- Which fruit is used in the flavouring of the cognac-based liqueur Grand Marnier?
- Which fashion label has a suit called 'Sterling Bilious'?
- What colour is the cross on the national flag of Finland?
- A statue of which British prime minister stands outside Huddersfield railway station?
- After nearly 40 years of TV advertising, what Kimberly-Clark brand replaced a real animal with a CGI (computer generated imagery) in late 2010?
- The Itumbiara Dam, on the Paranaiba River, is in which South American country?
- What type of creature is a Meadow Brown?
- In November 2010 billionaire Stanly Ho paid £210,000 for two large examples of what culinary delicacy?
- Controversial singer Brian Hugh Warner is better known by which name (also his band name), a combination borrowed from two iconic real American people?
- Medoc is a wine region in which country?
- What geographical feature is shared by the nine nations of Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana?
- Marnie Geneva Doud was the wife of which US president, the country's 34th?
- What is the name of the fabric used to cover billiard tables and card tables?
- In electrics, what does AC/DC stand for?
- In June 1935, which well-known but discreet support organization was founded by William G Wilson and Dr Robert Smith in Akron, Ohio?
- A hazzan, or chazzan, leads the congregation in songful prayer in which religion?
- In meteorology, okta is a unit or meaurement of what? (Bonus point: how many oktas in the full scale?)
- Which artist's studio was known as The Factory?
- Oster-monath was the Anglo Saxon name for which month of the year?
- Who wrote the 1899 poem/song lyrics 'The Absented-Minded Beggar', set to music and used to raise money for British Boer War soldiers?
- The Bell Rock Lighthouse, said to be the oldest surviving offshore lighthouse in the world, lies off the coast of which European country?
- French farmer's wife, Marie Harel, reputedly invented which cheese in 1791?
- Who was the father of British King James ll?
- If an insect is micropterous it has small or reduced what: Eyes; Legs; Wings; or Ears? (Of course virtually everything on an insect is quite small - 'small' here means small for an insect...)
- The Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine is used for immunisation against what?
- Which strait separates Wales form the island of Anglesey?
- According to the Bible, in which river did Pharaoh's daughter find the baby Moses in a basket?
quizballs 126 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes