quizballs 124 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 124 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The town of Budge Budge is in which country?
- In anatomy, the dorsum is better known as which part of the body?
- In 1947, who was the first person to break the sound barrier?
- Meaning 'heavenly woman', from the Greek word after which an element and planet are named, who was the Greek muse of astronomy?
- What type of creature is a noctule?
- What colour is the flower of the milk thistle?
- The twisted tusk of which sea creature is said to protrude from a unicorns head?
- The city of Astrakhan lies on which river?
- Which US president, known commonly by his initials, was born in Stonewall, Texas in 1908?
- Actor and comedian, and half of a famous double-act, Arthur Stanley Jefferson was better known by which name?
- Which European airport has the code name LHR?
- English novelist Elizabeth Cleghorn Stevenson was better known by what name?
- The laxative Gregory's Powder was made from which leafy plant?
- Which mime artist is associated with the character Bip?
- The bummalo fish is better known by what name?
- David Beckham was shown a red card during England's game against which national team during the 1998 FIFA World Cup?
- What is the name of the small arrangement of flowers worn on the bodice of a dress or on the wrist?
- Which heavy metal rock band had a UK No1 hit in 1981 with their live album 'No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith'?
- What is the medieval from of chemistry concerned with attempting to change base metals into gold?
- In tennis, what is the term for an untouchable and unreturnable legal point-scoring serve?
- In the UK, who was elected president of the National Union of Mineworkers in 1981?
- Which famous concert venue is located at 881, Seventh Avenue, New York?
- What is the device in a car which mixes petrol with air in correct proportions before it enters the engine?
- Referring to a mountain range, derived from the Spanish word for saw, what word represents the letter 'S' in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
- What is the basic monetary unit of Australia?
- The Dettifoss Waterfalls are in which country?
- Which city, whose name means 'fortification at Eidyn', was the first to host the Commonwealth Games twice?
- Valletta is the capital of which European country?
- In the game of Scrabble, how many points is a 'V' tile worth?
- In the Bible's Old Testament Book of Proverbs, what is stated to be more precious than rubies, better than silver and gold, and "...all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her..."?
quizballs 124 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes