quizballs 121 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 121 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
This is an 'alphabet quiz'.
Answers begin with letters corresponding to the letters of the alphabet. 1=A 2=B 3=C, and so on, through to question 26, whose answer begins with Z.
- A - What is the name of an object or design resembling a cross with a loop instead of a top arm, used in ancient Egypt as a symbol of life?
- B - What is the name of the game in which small balls are hit into numbered holes on a board, with pins as obstructions?
- C - What is a thick soup, usually made with fish or seafood?
- D - What is the loincloth worn by male Hindus called?
- E - What is the practice of training shrubs and trees to grow flat against a wall or fence?
- F - What is a lively Spanish dance for two people, typically accompanied by castanets or guitar?
- G - What is the name of the Good Witch of the South in the 1900 children's novel 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz'?
- H - Balbir Singh was a three-time Olympic medal winner in which sport?
- I - What is the study of visual imagary and its symbolism?
- J - What is the name of the coarse brown sugar made in India from the sap of palm trees?
- K - What is the medical term for the inlammation of the cornea of the eye?
- L - What is the US state capital of Michigan?
- M - What is grape juice called before or during fermentation?
- N - What is the name of the essential oil distilled from the blossoms of the bitter orange?
- O - What is the name of a form of dungeon, where prisoners were usually forgotten, only accessible by a trap door in the ceiling of the dungeon?
- P - What was the title assumed by an ancient British chief claiming supreme power?
- Q - What is the name of the large muscle at the front of the thigh which acts to extend the leg?
- R - What word means the killing of a king?
- S - What is a waiter called who manages wine service in a hotel or restaurant?
- T - What is the name of a dark red fruit produced by crossing a blackberry with a raspberry?
- U - What is the twentieth letter of the Greek alphabet?
- V - In Scandinavian mythology, what were each of Odin's handmaids known as, who chose heroes to be slain in battle?
- W - What is the name of a salad made from apples, walnuts, celery and mayonnaise?
- X - What imaginary wonderful place is portrayed in Samuel Coleridge's poem 'Kubla Khan'?
- Y - In the games of bridge and whist, what is the name of a hand with no card above a nine?
- Z - What is the name of the optical toy in which figures made to revolve on the inside of a cylinder, and viewed through slits in its circumference, appear like a single figure through a series of natural motions as if animated or mechanically moved?
quizballs 121 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes