quizballs 120 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 120 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
'Silent Generation' quiz (see generational theory) - a quiz focused on the mid-1930s through to the mid-1970s - in which older folk, mothers and fathers of Baby Boomers, could perhaps score quite high...
- Name the ballet dancer who requested asylum in France while in Paris with the Kirov Ballet, in June 1961?
- In February 1967, Ronald Ryan became the last man to be hanged in which country, for murdering a guard while escaping from prison in 1965?
- The first Butlins holiday camp opened in which English seaside resort?
- In February 1942, Antonio Oscar Carmona was re-elected as president of which European country?
- What was the nickname of the largest fixed-wing flying boat ever built, the Hughes H-4 Hercules, flown by Howard Hughes in November 1947, for just eight minutes, its only ever flight?
- Who was the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to California?
- In May 1941, who parachuted into Scotland from Germany claiming to be on a peace mission?
- What was the small British militant group responsible for a series of letter bomb attacks between 1970 and 1972, whose targets included banks, embassies and the homes of Conservative MPs?
- Which American expatriate poet and author was arrested by American soldiers in Italy in May 1945 for treason?
- In June 1952, a nuclear test was held in which US desert?
- Except for their 'rooftop concert' in 1969, which US city saw the last live performance of the Beatles?
- What was the ship carrying over 900 Jewish refugees from Hamburg, Germany, denied permission to dock in Florida in June 1939, having previously been turned away from Cuba?
- Norman Rockwell's illustration of which US iconic World War II heroine appeared on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post in May 1943?
- What were the names of the British spies who resurfaced in the Soviet Union in February 1956, after being missing for five years?
- In March 1971, who defeated boxer Muhammad Ali at Madison Square Garden?
- What was Thornton Wilder's play performed for the first time ever in 1938 in Princeton, New Jersey?
- Who made the 'I Am Prepared to Die' speech at the opening of the Rivonia Trial in April 1964?
- In October 1973, who resigned as Vice President of the US, and then pleaded no contest to the charges of income tax evasion in a federal court in Baltimore?
- In April 1946, Derby County beat which football team in the first FA Cup final since the end of the war?
- What became the name of the crime in which eleven thieves stole more than $2 million in a heist in Boston, Massachusetts, in January 1950?
- Who did Marilyn Monroe marry in January 1954?
- In October 1960, Dr Michael Woodruff carried out the first successful transplant of what at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary in the UK?
- In 1974, what was the title of Stephen King's first published novel?
- Name Britain's Minister of War, dismissed from the War Office in January 1940?
- Who founded Tamla Motown Records in January 1959?
- What was the US spacecraft first to return images of Mars to Earth, in July 1965?
- In Britain, the Education Act of March 1944 provided free what in schools to all children in the UK under the age of 18?
- In March 1951, which comic strip by Hank Ketcham appeared in newspapers accross the US for the first time?
- In which country were the 1948 Winter Olympics held?
- The Treaty of where established the European Economic Community in March 1957?
- What was the name of the Coca-Cola Company's first diet drink, launched in 1963?
- In a Los Angeles court, in March 1969, who admitted killing presidential candidate Robert Kennedy?
- On the 15th March 1949, the rationing of what ended in Britain?
- Published in August 1953, what is the name of the Report on 'Sexual Behaviour in the Human Female'?
- Who became Prime Minister of Britain in April 1955?
quizballs 120 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes