quizballs 118 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 118 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What element, with zirconium, forms the compound zirconia, which is used to make synthetic diamonds?
- What characterised the Neolithic age: Dinosaurs; Stone tools; The Ancient Greeks; or The Renaissance?
- What British institution, originating in the 12th century, is to be turned into a mutual or cooperative, according to government plans announced in 2010?
- What name (in English) was given to the capsule which brought the 33 Chilean miners to the surface in the San Jose rescue on 13 October 2010?
- According to Forbes magazine's 2010 listings, who was the highest earning dead celebrity?
- What is harvested from Hevea brasiliensis, whose other plant names separately feature the words Para and India?
- Meaning literally 'make like' what is the full Latin word from which 'fax' derives (as in fax machine)?
- According to Greek legend, the labyrinth built by architect Daedalus housed which monster?
- What 'z' is the activity where person is rolled down a hill inside a large plastic transparent ball?
- Sir Thomas Sopwith designed what famous British biplane fighter aircraft, whose name combined his own name with an animal?
- In the Mousetrap board game a swinging what overturns a bucket, releasing a marble down a zig-zag slope?
- What type of wartime field gun took its name originally from the old Czech word (loosely 'houfnice') meaning catapault?
- What is a brief period of time and a turning effect produced by a force?
- Permanent software programmed into a read-only memory is generally called what ' ...ware'?
- What colour/color normally follows orange moving up the scale, low to high, in judo belts?
- What gas, symbol F, is the most reactive of all chemical elements?
- Sometimes called Echo Boomers, people born between around 1980 to the mid-1990s (or later depending on interpretation), are more commonly referred to as Generation what?
- David John Moore Cornwell is better known as what spy-story writer?
- Used especially in marketing and consumer profiling, what is the study of size, structure, development and dispersement of human populations?
- What animals does a mahout work with?
- What term, common in fantasy games, also refers to the three wise men in the Bible?
- In which city is the new 27-storey $1bn residential property 'Antilla', home to the 4th richest person in the world, and (as at 2010) reportedly the most expensive home anywhere? )
- 'Five-finger discount' is US slang for what crime?
- In what Cumbrian village did Poet William Wordsworth live, in Dove Cottage from about 1799, and which was central to the Lake Poets?
- What colour is puce: dark red; pale yellow; pale green; or beige?
- At what fret on a standard six-string guitar is half the string length and therefore also the octave note and octave harmonic?
- What number is neutral on the pH acid/alkali scale?
- How many microns are in a metre?
- What four words appear on the rectangual logo molded into most plastic CD cases?
- What do these words have in common: moped, chortle, smog and brunch?
quizballs 118 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes