quizballs 106 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 106 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is China's official language: Cantonese; Mandarin; Xiang; or Wu?
- The Aswan Dam, which enables controlled use of the Nile flood plain for agriculture, is in which African country?
- What is Nashville's famous university in Tennessee US, named after the shipping and railroad magnate nicknamed Commodore?
- Who played Claus Von Bulow in the 1990 film Reversal of Fortune?
- The name of what ethnic celebration derives from the Aramaic and Hebrew words respectively for son and commandment?
- Which many-times champion golfer is known as the Golden Bear?
- The Alpine ski resort of St Moritz is in which country?
- In Greek mythology, what did Prometheus steal from Zeus and give to mankind: Fire; Wisdom; Anger; or the Muses of literature and the arts?
- What is the public declaration, usually in a church, of an intended marriage?
- Who captained the England cricket team during the 1986-87 Ashes series?
- What is the reciprocal of one-and-two-thirds (in other words, what fraction when multiplied by one-and-two-thirds produces one)?
- Which war was the subject of the 1978 film The Deerhunter?
- The 1970s UK TV variety show was called "The 'what and what' Social Club", alluding to two traditional steam railway trades?
- If someone is bibulous, what are they addicted to or fond of?
- Sexual dimorphism refers to what: Wife-swapping; Sex-change; Online sex; or Different male/female forms in the same animal species?
- How many squares are traditionally on a Snakes and Ladders board?
- Which day of the week is named after the Norse god of thunder?
- The ex-prime minister of which European country was kidnapped and murdered by the Red Brigades in 1978?
- Which one of these countries is not (as at 2010) a NATO member: Albania; Iceland; Sweden; or Turkey?
- In 1907, who was the first English writer to win the Nobel Prize for literature?
- Name the two famous British brothers whose father was born Adolphe, in 1924, in Brussels, to Polish-Jewish parents, and was buried as Ralph in Highgate Cemetery close to Karl Marx in 1994?
- What is the Russian term for an astronaut?
- The national flags of which group of countries have a cross design named after the grouping, in which the vertical line is shifted from the centre to the hoist (left) side, and among which is the oldest of all national flags?
- Which palace is the official London residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury?
- A tercentenary is an anniversary of how many years?
- What is the name of a Spanish dance, and associated with this a short jacket worn open at the front?
- What does the E stand for in E Numbers in relation to food additives?
- The prefix 'helio' relates to which celestial body?
- British lawyer Peter Benenson, 1921-2005, founded which human rights organization in London in 1961?
- Name the 'Big Five' traits represented by the OCEAN personality analysis model?
quizballs 106 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes